14 | Look After You

A/N - to the side/top is a picture of Rya:)

It's already the middle of July, I can't believe in just another month I'll have to go home and 'settle down,' in my mum's words, for school. Time has really been flying.

I wake up the next morning and the stiffness in my neck seems to have spread. Everything aches, and my arm really hurts. The swelling has gone down a little, but something feels off. It should be healed by now, this happened nearly two weeks ago. I get out of my bunk and rub my neck, the stiffness even stronger than before. I'm surprised to see Luke is already up.

"Morning sleepy head," he says with a chuckle. I turn around and see Ashton and Cal in the back. The only one still sleeping is Michael. Why did I sleep so late? I never sleep this late. I check the clock and see its almost 11:00 am. I've never slept this late! I shrug it off and have some cereal. I'm probably just overtired from the whole tour thing.

After I finish eating I decide to wake Mikey up because we'll be in San Fransisco soon.

"Mikey, wake up," I sing in a chirpy voice. He just groans and rolls over. "C'mon, up, up, up," I continue to sing. He groans again, but this time opens his eyes. The pain in my neck is still there, but I'm sure it's nothing. I probably just slept wrong.

I didn't just sleep wrong. I wake up in the middle of night shivering, and my body is extremely stiff now. It aches so badly I can barely move. I roll over, feeling sick, hoping I can get back to sleep. I really don't want to have to wake Luke up. Thankfully, I get back to sleep, but wake up the next morning and nothing's changed. My body is still stiff, it hurts to move, and my arm is throbbing. Luke pulls my curtain open and frowns.

"I don't feel good," I whine, pulling the blanket over my head. He disappears for a moment and returns with a thermometer.

"Open your mouth," he says. I do, but it hurts. It feels like if I move my bones will snap. I close for a moment and he takes the thermometer out.

"You have a low grade fever, it's probably just the flu," he says, ruffling my hair gently in sympathy. "You want anything?" I shake my head and roll over. I just want to go back to sleep.

I wake up later and hear the guys taking.

"She's been sleeping all day, I don't want to wake her."

"Should we cancel our show?"

"Don't cancel because of me, I'll be okay," I call. Luke comes over and smiles down at me.

"You sure?"

I nod. "I'll probably just go back to sleep anyway." He nods, thinking something over.

"Okay. I'll have a security guard come and stay with you, just in case." I nod, and close my eyes again. I hear the guys tell me to feel better before they leave. That's when the shaking starts.

I hear the guys whispering excitedly when they return from their concert.

"Hey, how do you feel?" Luke asks. I whine and pull the blanket over my head. The shaking has stopped for now, but my bones still ache, and everything feels stiff like earlier. Luke walks away, then returns with the thermometer again. I open, but barely. It hurts tremendously, and the shaking begins again. This only makes my body hurt more, because the trembling and shivering makes everything even more tense. He pulls it out and furrows his eyebrows in confusion. I would ask what's wrong, but I'm too tired to care as I'm slowly pulled back into a fitful sleep full of shivering, tossing, and turning.