35 | The Silence She Keeps

Last night did not go well. I woke up twice from nightmares, and both times it took me forever to fall back asleep because I was so afraid. Plus, the boys have to be up early for one of the two interviews they're going to today.

Ashton comes into our room at 8:00am and jumps on our bed. I whine and pull the covers over my head and Luke throws his pillow at Ashton.

"Cmon Rya, you're supposed be the morning person," Ashton pouts jokingly. I sigh and roll over so my back is to him. "I don't like mornings anymore," I pout back. Ashton shrugs and goes over to Cal's bed. "Don't even think about it mate," he warns, his morning voice deep and raspy.

"Cmon get up!" Ashton exclaims, lifting me out of my bed and tossing me onto Cal. "Oomph!" We both huff as I land. I groan and roll off of Cal, sitting up to throw another pillow at Ashton. He pouts again before retreating back into his own room. The real challenge will be waking up Michael.

Once we're all ready to go, we get into the large SUV management sent for us and we're driven the short ride to the radio station where the boys are going to be interviewed.

I nearly fall asleep in the car again, but thankfully we stop at MacDonald's and Luke lets me get coffee.

"Okay, the radio host says it's okay if you come in with us and he'll ask you some questions, are you up for it?" Luke asks, nudging my shoulder as we enter the radio station. I nod, feeling slightly better because of the coffee.

I follow the boys into a room with several swivel chairs and headsets. I sit between Luke and Mikey, with Ashton on Luke's other side and Cal on Michael's other side. The radio host, Evan, is sitting on the other side of the half-circle table.

"Good morning y'all," he greets. He has a very strong southern accent, and I have to try not to smile too widely at him. Luke notices and nudges me, but he's also hiding a smirk.

"So, you boys are going to be starting a new headline world tour next year, is that so?" He asks.

"Yeah! We're stoked to be able to tour even more places than before," Ashton says, and the other boys nod in agreement.

"Oh, I almost forgot that this little one is back! How do you like being with the boys, Miss Rya?" Evan asks about fifteen minutes of other questions later.

I smirk at Luke. "I love it. They're idiots most of the time, but that just makes it more fun," I say with a small giggle. Michael rolls his eyes. "Oh please, you love every second of it."

"Oh that reminds me! Michael, everyone was gaping over your new hair yesterday on social media! What made you decide to go blue?"

I stifle a laugh at the memory of the trick we pulled on Luke yesterday as Michael smiles down at me. "Well, we got to the hotel and I was bored, so I asked Rya what color I should do my hair next. She picked blue because it's her favorite color," he finishes with a laugh, and I smile.

Evan nods. "Well it looks fantastic. Good choice, Rya. Everyone also made a huge deal about the joke you pulled concerning this little one," he says, gesturing to me. I grin, and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, Michael scared me half to death when I saw the Twitter post. I thought he actually really had dyed Rya's hair to match his. I was ready to kill him."