54 | Where It All Began

Rya's POV;

I watch with a silly grin as Cal tries to get the other boys up without success. "Come on guys, we have stuff to do!" Cal whines, but still nothing.

"Should I jump on them?" I ask Cal. He smirks evilly and shakes his head. "If they wanna be difficult, I'll wake them up that way," he says, rubbing his hands together. I narrow my eyes in confusion.

"RYA, NO!" Cal screams, making me jump. I giggle as Ashton, Luke and Michael jolt upright. They scramble to their feet and look around in a panic. Luke relaxes his tense body in relief when he sees Cal and I laughing and whips a pillow at him. Ashton and Michael bumped their heads together and are now on the floor groaning.

"That was not funny, mate," Luke grumbles.

"Actually, it was very funny," I say with a giggle, plopping down on Ashton's back. He lets out a groan and struggles to get me off of him unsuccessfully, until Mikey lifts me up and throws me onto the couch. Luke shoves my arm playfully and I roll my eyes as Cal stands in the kitchen, sipping his coffee.

"Better wake up when I tell you to next time, and we won't have this issue," he says smugly. I giggle and ruffle Luke's already messy morning hair before he shoves me onto the floor.

"Hey, c'mere," Luke calls, patting the spot next to him on his bed. We've all gotten ready for the day, though I'm not exactly sure what's happening today.

I obey and plot down next to him, my little legs swinging back and forth. "What's up?" I question. He looks worried, it's making me nervous.

"Mum called yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to tell you. She says it's time to go back home, Rya," he says in almost a whisper.

I knew this day was coming. It's inevitable. I just wish I had longer with the boys. I love being with them, and when I am, I forget about everything that's happened. I'm pretty much back to my old self though; hardly any nightmares and I'm not moping around. I even made a joke about my dead friend and can actually say that she's dead. Now, I just want to stay because I missed being able to see these weirdos everyday. When will I get to see Luke next?

I stare down at my lap and nod. "Okay," I whisper back. Luke pulls me into a side hug. "Everything will be okay. And I'll only be a phone call away, okay?" I look up at him and nod. "I'm sorry this is so last minute, it just kind of happened that way," he adds. I nod again, grabbing my suitcase since we'll he leaving the hotel soon.

"When am I going back?" I ask, afraid to hear the answer. Luke sighs and stares down at me sadly. "Mum just told me that there's a layover in Australia from where we're going next, so you'll be back by tomorrow.

Are they serious?! They expect to just drop this on me the day it's happening like it's no big deal and expect me to be okay? I still don't want to go back to school, I want to stay with Luke. I'd even be content with Luke staying home for a while, just not going back to school. I've been away for so long, I have no idea how the people are going to react!

"Thanks for the notice," I mumble, grabbing my suitcase and leaving Luke in the hotel room. I don't talk for the majority of the day as we prepare to go back to Australia. This is where is all began for me. Literally, because I was born there, but I'll be back in a familiar place surrounded by things Willow and I used to do together. How will I be then? Will I still feel as okay with her death as I do at the moment? I'm not so sure.

"Rya, I'm really sorry, mum sprung this on me, too," Luke says almost pleadingly. We've been sitting in the airport waiting for our flight to be called for boarding, and I didn't even realize until now how awkward the boys look. It's almost as if Luke and I are fighting and refusing to talk to each other and the others don't know what to do. I guess it isn't Luke's fault. I'm just a little flustered.

I sigh and turn to face him. "I know, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get mad and ignore you. I'm just . . . afraid," I whisper quietly. Luke pulls me into another side hug and rubs my arm. "I know. I don't think it was very smart on mum's part to spring this on either of us. But you'll be okay." I nod, biting my lip. "What about school? Everyone's either going to shower me with sympathy and 'I'm Sorry's' or wonder why I left for so long. It is kind of strange that I flee the country when my best friend dies," I say, all in one breath. Luke chews the inside of his cheek, something he does when he's deep in thought or lying. Since he isn't saying anything currently, I'm guessing it's because he's trying to figure out what to say to me and help me calm down.

"Whatever happens will happen, and there isn't much you can do about what they say. Just be you, and don't let their words hurt," he finally says.

Easier said than done.

But I nod regardless and give him a small smile, because it's the thought that counts. I'm also hoping that things will go better than they will from the gut feeling I have. I push it aside as nerves take over when our flight is called to board. Here goes nothing.

It's hard to believe that after everything that happened, I'm seemingly fine. I'm a little nervous to be home, but I'm also excited. Luke has helped me through so much, and I'm so grateful. I smile up at him as he holds me hand and guides me off the plane.

"You ready?" He asks.

When are ever ready for life? You never really are, honestly. It's funny how determined I was to make this past summer the best and most perfect one yet. So many things have happened, so many things has been thrown my way. I'm a little sad that Luke has to go back on tour. I'm going to miss him like crazy.

"Don't tell Ben and Jack, but you're the best big brother ever," I say with a small giggle. Luke flips his imaginary hair, making me laugh even harder, but the smile on his face is so genuine.

"My babies!" I turn around and run into my mother's arms, squeezing her tightly. I really missed her. Luke joins in on our group hug and sandwiches me in the middle, but I don't mind.

Luke gives me another tight hug as I get ready to leave with mum. "Be safe, kid," he whispers. I nod into his chest, savoring the moment and dreading when I'll finally have to let go.

A/N - Aw, Luke's leaving Rya
:( buuutttt, she's starting school again! What do you think will happen? Will she make new friends? Will she get bullied? Will she still be sad about Willow? Tell me what you think! Xoxo - Em😊❤️

Ps: this chapter was prewritten, but I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a whole week!!