31 | Never Grow Up

A/N - again, to the top/side is a picture of Willow on the left and Rya on the right. Their first day of middle school, woo!

Mum comes into my room at 6:30 am, pulling open the curtains. Not that any light comes through, since it's still fairly dark out. She turns the light on, making me squeeze my eyes shut tighter and pull the blanket over my head.

"Mummmm," I groan. She just chuckles and rips the covers off of me.

Remember how I said I was a morning person? I'm only a morning person after 7:30. I hate getting up early for middle school already.

After ten more minutes of mum persistently trying to get me up, I finally get out of bed and walk over to my closet, not really sure what I should wear. What kind of things do people in middle school wear? I have no idea.

I finally decide on plain jeans, a plaid flannel and my converse sneakers. I brush my hair and decide to pull it back today before going downstairs. I'm surprised to see that Ben and Jack are here, already devouring the pancakes mum made.

"Oh my gosh, you need to stop growing!" Mum gushes as she squeezes my cheeks. I roll my eyes as Ben and Jack laugh. "Mum," I groan.

A few minutes later, Willow skips in through the front door and grabs a pancake. I giggle and mum hands me my lunch box and backpack.

She forces me and Willow to pose for a picture, which I'm sure will make its way onto Instagram or Facebook or something. Once Willow and I are ready, we meet Caden outside on the sidewalk and walk to the bus together. I check my phone, even though mum warned me what would happen if I got caught using it during school hours, and see a text from Luke.

From Luke: omg, can't believe ur starting middle school! Have a great day!

I smile and text back a thank you as the bus pulls up to the corner and we all pile on. Unfortunately, Macy is on this bus. She drives me insane.

"Oh, I see we have a new student," she says in her singsong voice as she steps way too close to him. "I'm Macy, what's your name?" She bats her eyelashes, and Willow pretends to gag. Macy rolls her eyes as she huffs to the back of the bus, leaving Caden looking confused. I really hope he doesn't like her.

"Please don't tell me you're going to become one of them," Willow says with wide eyes as she sits next to me on the bus. Caden sits across from us and chuckles, raising his eyebrows. "No way, she's weird." Willow and I both laugh, and I can hear Macy going on and on about some new outfit her dad got her. She's such a try hard.

Since we already have our schedules, Willow, Caden and I go to our lockers. Luckily, we were allowed to come in a few days beforehand and set our lockers up, so everything I need is already inside. Willow's locker is across the way from mine and Caden's is down a little ways, but we're all still fairly close. The best part is that we all have homeroom and first period together.

(A/N - idk what class periods or grades are called in Australia, so I'm just gonna call them what I call them if that makes sense)

Our homeroom teacher is Mrs. Clump. She's on the older side, but seems nice. Homeroom with her isn't very interesting. It's only ten minutes long and we just listen to announcements. After that, our first class, social studies, begins, and she arranges us in alphabetical order.

The day goes by surprisingly fast. Of course, Macy makes fun of my style like usual, claiming that if my brother is a famous rockstar I should be able to afford more expensive things. I just roll my eyes. I suppose I could have nicer things, but I prefer just sticking with what I already have. It's not any of Macy's business anyway.