Chapter 17: The Competition Continues

Rey's POV

I was watching as Midnight, Musso, and their new friend Kade trained with Fate in the Arena.

"How did we do?" Kade eagerly looked at Fate.

"I think you did great! That was awesome!" I jumped down from the stands.

"Not good enough." Fate crushed Kade's positivity.

"What?" I was astonished. They looked great training!

"What do you mean?" Kade pouted.

"Kade, you fight like you are a kid. You just attack without thinking of the consequences that your enemies can use against you. Your form is off in quite a few places too. You're just lucky your talented." Fate spoke. "Musso, your attacks were good, but once you're on the defense you lose your confidence. You're used to the battle being in your control. You're gonna have to learn to fight without being in control of the battle."

"What about Midnight?" Kade asked. "What did she do wrong?"

"Everything." I joked.

"Nothing." Fate scoffed. "She could've been more on the offensive, but her defense was also an offense."

I looked at Midnight. She stood there with a strait face. The remark did not faze her whatsoever.

"That's because I trained her to be the perfect fighter." Amias walked into The Arena. "She knows not to make mistakes. Or they will cost her."

"No one can be a perfect fighter, Amias." Fate rolled his eyes.

"Maybe not. But look at her form. It's flawless. She could be more aggressive, but she's a saiyan. When needed it will come naturally. Same with Musso." Amias spoke.

"Whatever you say." Fate sighed. "But what brings you here?"

"Gael told me Musso is fighting in the tournament next. I'm just a messenger." Amias spoke.

"Oh yeah." Musso quickly rushed to look a bit more decent.

"Of course." Fate rolled his eyes.

"Good luck." Midnight waved at Musso.

Musso ran over to quickly give her a kiss.

"I love you." He quietly whispered.

"I hope to get back to catch the fight or at least the end of it." She wrapped her arms around him.

"There won't be much of a match to catch the end of, he's The Light Fighter!" I popped in.

They both gave me a weird look.

"Sorry for listening." I looked down ashamed.

"It's fine, you are not the 3rd wheel ever buddy." Musso brought me in for a group hug.

"I have the bestest of friends." I smiled.

"Hell yeah." Midnight laughed.

Musso then turned to leave.

"Bye Musso!" I yelled. I then gave him the heart hands.

Musso gave me the are you serious look and walked into the portal.

"Trying to steal my boyfriend are we?" Midnight chuckled.

"Yes." I spoke.

Midnight rolled her eyes.

"Better watch out. Imma steal your man." I looked her dead in the eyes.

Midnight broke into laughter.