Chapter 1: The Chosen One

Midnight's POV

A golden archway stood before me.

"We're in fucking Kansas!"

That would be Rey, one of my crazy best friends.

"No you dumbass. We fell through a hole, not swept away by a tornado."

And that would be Musso, my other more mentally stable best friend.

Well, as mentally stable as saiyans can be.

Moments ago we were flying around Earth, but were sucked into some sort of hole. Now we stand before an elegant palace behind what seems to be an ancient arena.

"This palace should really get better security." Rey laughed, setting a bush behind us on fire.

"Umm. I don't know how to tell this to you, but just look behind you." Musso pointed to the sky.

We all turned around.

There stood an army men flying up from every place imaginable.

I got into a fighting stance. It looks like we're gonna have to fight our way out.

A light golden beam flew in my direction. I dodged just in time.

What the hell was that?

"I think that's magic." Musso growled. "I read about it at the academy at Terra a long time ago. There are beings in this universe, powerful ones, that can control magic."

"How do we beat them then?" Rey yelled as he ducked out of the way of another beam.

"We don't." Musso growled.

Out of the corner of my eye a beam of magic was coming right towards Musso.

"Musso! Get out of the way!" I yelled.

It was too late.

He turned around and tried to put his hand out to try to stop the beam.

"No! Don't!" Rey yelled.

Then I heard a boom and clenched my teeth and looked where Musso stood. He was still there.

"What happened?" Rey gasped.

"I think I diverted the magic." Musso looked at his hands.

Another wave of magic was aimed at him.

"Shit." I heard him growl.

That was when a tall man with a dark gray robe suddenly appeared in front of him and sent the wave off to the side.

"I said stop!" His voiced boomed. Everyone stopped. Then the man walked over to Musso who took his wrist and investigated it.

"What are you doing?" Musso asked, but didn't move.

"The legend is true." I heard him whisper under his breath.

"What?" Musso said in confusion.

"Come with me." The man said as he walked towards the palace's doors.

"Why?" Musso questioned, standing still.

"Because I need to show you your destiny, Chosen One." He softly spoke.

He pushed the large, golden doors open.

"Welcome to the universe. It's been waiting for you." He spoke.