Chapter 32: The Good And The Bad

Rey's POV

"That was counterproductive." Sarah spoke. "Now The Spirits are trying to complete our mission before we do. And they are much more powerful than us!"

"I'm just amazed they didn't kill us." Ace spoke.

"Same." Alex was on his computer. "They should have."

"They were probably just grateful for knowing shit." I began to play with some wires.

"Don't touch that!" Alex slapped him.

"I'm sorry I can't sit still." I began to pace.

"I've learned not to question them." Musso came in.

"And now we are back to ground zero. We know nothing about where The Shadow Warrior is." Alex complained.

"And bad news." Musso spoke. "The Spirits are beginning to mobilize an army now."

"What do you mean?" Ace asked.

"Didn't you feel it?" Musso spoke, stretching his arms out. "I can just feel the magic stirring, especially where The Spirits are."

I closed my eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I stopped pacing and began to shake him. "Tell me you're not going crazy!"

"I'm not!" Musso smacked me off him and I was flung across the room.

"Must be a Chosen One thing. I don't feel anything." Alex shrugged.

"Shit. This is not good." I whined. "I wanna live!"

"We need to find Midnight soon." Musso began to pace too.

"Why is it so important we find her?" Sarah asked. "Can't The Light Fighter and you fight them pretty evenly?"

"Midnight was on a whole different level than we were." Musso spoke. "She wasn't incredibly stronger than us when she supposedly passed away, but she was more gifted. She could always handle herself better than us when we fought other fighters stronger than ourselves."

"Didn't Amias say you could actually see her improve so much she could surpass a foe that was originally better than her in a fight?" I asked.

"Yeah." Musso nodded. "I was there too you dumbass."

"So basically, what you're saying is if we can't find The Shadow Warrior we are all going to die?" Sarah asked.

"Yup." I nodded.

"Well, that's great news." Alex spoke sarcastically.

"Not particularly. You can do a hell of a lot yourself if you believe." I heard familiar voice walk into the room.

"Who's there?" Ace called out.

"Kade!" I smiled.

"Kade? Like The Light Fighter?"

"Yes." Kade walked in with his white cape dragging behind him.

Ace's, Alex's, and Sarah's jaws dropped.

"What's wrong?" Kade asked.

"We've been looking for the legendary 3 for millions of years and then all the sudden in one day we find all 3." Ace's voice shook in disbelief.

"Wait you found Midnight?" Kade's eyes light up.

"Not really, they just talked to her briefly. They didn't know it was her." Musso explained.

"I was about to say I thought I felt dark magic stirring more recently." Kade spoke. "She has to be alive. And I think I may know where she is."