Chapter 3: The Ultimate Showdown

Musso's POV

I felt myself fall onto a hard surface. I stood up to see us standing in a dark lit hall in a mansion.

"Look at this." Midnight picked up a big, old book on the ground in front of us.

Rey grabbed it out of her hands and opened it.

"It is just full of blank pages." He complained.

I opened the book to see tons of small cursive words with a few pictures. "No it isn't."

"Man this book is really cool!" Midnight smiled, flipping through the pages.

"You're such a nerd." I joked. Midnight is the smartest of us. She loves this stuff.

"What you mortals doing here?" A deep, scratchy voice from behind us growled.

We turned around to see a creature in dark gray standing in the middle of the hallway.

"And what are doing with that book?" It growled.

"Well." I began.

"Well, what?" It began to advance.

"Would you believe I'm The Chosen One?" I bit my lip. It might convince him to spare me. I'm supposed to be his savior or savior of the universe or something anyways.

The man laughed. "We shall see."

I sent a huge fireball in his direction. Then we ran for it after picking up the book.

We kept running till we stopped behind some doors after we lost him.

"Shhh. It looks like there is a party or something here." She whispered.

We looked a small window into a huge room in the mansion, where there were many beings dressed in robes and talking and drinking out of glasses.

"Alright, lets split up and investigate." Midnight whispered.

We nodded then walked in separate directions.

My way took me around the party through the hallway. I kept walking and peeking into the room, looking for Zen or anyone else that didn't look like they wanted to kill me if I popped out. Sadly, that seemed to be most of them. They all looked pretty gnarly and mean.

I looked into the window when I heard footsteps. I jumped back against the wall, hoping they missed me.

"It's me dumbass." Midnight whispered.

I popped out and began to walk to her. "Find anything?"

"A bunch of angry looking immortals. I'm guessing you had the same luck." She shrugged.

"Hey!" A voice screamed. "What are you doing?"

We froze. The same thing ran through out minds. Run.

We began to back up when he laughed. "I don't wanna hurt you! You guys are under The Cobra's head. You gotta kiss now. It's the tradition."

"Immortals version of mistletoe?" I shrugged.

"Let's go guys and gals!" He stammered. He was obviously drinking or smoking something.

"If we kiss, you won't tell anyone we were here, alright?" Midnight offered.

"Sure. Whatever works! It's just bad luck if you don't. Just lookin' out for you guys." We barely understood him.

I leaned in, ready for just a quick peck on the lips. However, once our lips touched, I didn't want to let go. And Midnight didn't object by pulling away immediately.

Alright maybe I liked Midnight. But I didn't want to ruin what the three of us had for once in our lives. We all grew up struggling to obtain stability in our lives and now we have it.

We stood there for a few seconds before she pulled away.

"It didn't need to be on the lips you guys." He stammered.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Midnight hissed.

Rey came into the picture with a plate of food in his hand. "Yo guys."

"Where did you get that?" I spoke, pointing at the food.

"That drunk guy gave it to me." He pointed the drunk guy next to us, then took a bite out of some bread. "When life gives you free food, you don't object man!"

He paused for a moment. "Oh, and I saw Zen."

"Let's get in there then!" I exclaimed.

"Shhh." Midnight growled. "I don't think the immortals want to see us. Except that drunk one who can barely function. If we walk in there, they'll kick us out without Zen seeing us."

"That's why you go in alone." I began. "They might be alright with a strikingly beautiful girl walking thorough their party."

"I know I wouldn't mind." Rey winked.

Midnight rolled her eyes. "I'll do it."

Midnight put on a fake smile and walked into the room confidently like she belonged there. All eyes fell on her as she walked in. Rey and I sat behind a door, observing from afar.

Even though most were staring at her, they let her pass. She walked up to Zen with no problem.

"Hey Zen." Midnight smiled. "Can you help me?"

I was expecting something from a movie where Zen grabbed her and smiled 'Finally I found you guys! You're all alive!'

However, he just smiled evilly. "Oh, sorry I'm not Zen. I'm Gem."

Midnight began to step back to leave.

"You don't have to leave though. A pretty girl like you should enjoy my party." He winked.

"Alright." Midnight said, very unsure what to do.

They just sat there for an hour or so talking. Rey and I just sat behind the door, bored.

"Sorry, I need to leave. Do you know where Zen is though?" Midnight asked.

"Why would you want Zen when you could have his much more handsome and powerful counterpart?" Gem smirked.

"My friend needs him." Midnight quickly said, trying to get up and leave.

However, Gem teleported in front of her. Midnight stepped to the side to slip by. That was when Gem smacked her butt.

That was when it all went downhill.

Midnight put her hand into a fist and punched Gem right in the face, sending him 20 feet back.

"Don't touch me." She growled threateningly.

Rey looked at me. "She is so fucking hot when she releases her inner saiyan."

"I agree." I smiled. Rey had a not so secret crush on Midnight. But he also had a crush on every girl.

Gem got back up and started to lunge at her.

"Stop!" I yelled jumping from my hiding place. Dammit. I was meant to stay hidden. I didn't think that one through. I just needed to protect Midnight, even though she was a damn good fighter herself.

Another person got up in between them.

It was our drunk friend.

"I advise you stand down." He hissed.

"Why should I be afraid of you or them?" Gem laughed.

"Because the young man over there is The Chosen One." Our drunk friend, who no longer looked as drunk argued.

"I've been looking for a good fight recently." Gem smiled. "Looks like it will be the ultimate showdown then."

Gem put his arms up, ready to fight.

I took a deep breath ready to take on a challenge I'm sure I'm not ready for.