Chapter 21: Is Hope Lost

Rey's POV

I snuck into the part of The Cave which had The Pool Of Light Magic around it somewhere.

"Who's there?" I heard a man yell from up ahead.

"Nobody, just your imagination." I said all spookily.

"Wait did you hear that guys?" The same voice spoke quieter.

Yes I tricked them!

Then I was hit from the behind and my body was hurled forward.

"Hey man! I mean no harm!" I coughed as I got up.

Then the same figure lunged at me again.

Then I made a run for it. I kept on going till I saw a huge glowing light room.

Wait was this The Pool Of Light Magic?

"Get away from there!" I heard voices yell.

Well this is where I wanna be. Not in the position I wanna be but oh well.

I grabbed the jar I stole from the immortals that Midnight told me has the power to hold light magic and swished it through the pool as I ran frantically by.

More figures showed up all dressed in purple cloaks.

Shit. How was I suppose to get outta here?

Then all the sudden Midnight popped up from behind me.

"I've never wanted to see you more!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up and hold onto my arm." She rolled her eyes.

I grabbed her arm and she teleported us in front of a strange castle.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"The real question is why did you go against my word and go to The Pool Of Light Magic?" Midnight looked me dead in the eye.

Her eyes no longer looked timid and fearful. There was a surge of anger and hurt.

"I just wanted to help you." I sulked.

"And it looked like you did." She smiled as she grabbed the jar from my hand and gave me a huge hug. "I'm lucky to have a friend like you."

"I want Musso back in our group too!" I hugged her back.

"You can let go now!" Midnight laughed.

"Are these guns too strong for you?" I flexed my arms.
"Do you realize who you're talking to?" Midnight smirked.

"Good point. Still they're impressive, huh?" I smiled.

"Let's go fix this." Midnight laughed.

"So what are we doing?" I asked.

"We are making a potion that takes away the effect of another potion. I read about it in an old scroll." Midnight spoke.

"You're such a nerd!" I laughed.

"Stop it! I just like learning about all this immortal stuff. They have a whole library in here." She pointed in the castle.

"Still a nerd." I poked her.

"Well you helped make this potion. Now I have all the ingredients!" Midnight smiled.

She then took out a purple flower, and blue and white mushroom, a shiny rock, a jar or dark magic, as well as my jar of light magic.

She then created a pot in front of us and threw the ingredients in. When she did it made a huge hissing sound and then exploded.

"What the hell Midnight?" I exclaimed ducking for cover.

Midnight just stood there and picked up a little glowing ball of light blue and put it in a new jar.

"That's part of how making this spell works since it's super powerful." She shrugged. "Now let's go fix this."

I grabbed onto her arm and the next moment I knew I was outside the fighting arena on Earth.

We then walked around the town and looked for Musso.

"There he is." I pointed where Musso was sitting with a girl outside a restaurant where they were being served.

Midnight then started walking towards them when Brio came out of nowhere and snatched the jar from her hands.

"Give me that back." She hissed.

"And what if I don't?" Brio laughed.

Midnight smirked. "Then I guess I'll just have to kill you."

"You wouldn't do that." Brio continued laughing.

"Watch me." Midnight looked him dead in the eye.

"This bitch is serious man." I laughed, trying toe lighten the mood.

It wasn't working.

That was when Brio lifted the jar up and smashed it on the ground with the potion sinking into the ground.

"No!" Midnight screeched.

Midnight just stood there for a moment on her knees her eyes widened in horror.

Finally she got up where she tripped and fell into Musso who was walking back to his table.

"Midnight?" He whispered.