Chapter 25: The Final Battle

Musso's POV

"Midnight and The Spirits are battling!" I heard Zen panicking.

"What?" I ran up to Zen.

"They had a plan to abduct Midnight and then bring her to The Spirits for them to battle her and take her out now. Cause they thought in time she'd get too powerful and be able to take over the universe and no one would be able to stop her." Zen's voice shook.

"What?" I questioned again.

"Can't you feel the energy?" Zen spoke.

"I can." Kade walked up to us.

I could once I put my mind to it. The power was far away but I could feel it.

"We need to help her." I shook Zen back to reality.

"There's nothing we can do now." Zen's eyes went cold.

"I refuse to believe that. There's gotta be something." I breathing escalated.

"She's holding her own but she can't win this fight. And she has realized this too." Zen spoke.

"Midnight told me that we have control over time and space!" Kade exclaimed.

"And if we stop time only the 3 can move in the space time continuum while everything is stopped and we can get her out of there to safety!" I exclaimed.

"Good thing she read that book! There's no doubt we can save her now." Kade smiled.

"That could work." Zen bit his lip.

"So where is she? So we can get her." Kade asked.

"And more importantly how do we stop the space time continuum?" I asked.

"Better figure that out quickly." Zen spoke.

All the sudden a portal appeared and a whole bunch of figures popped out about 100 meters from where we were standing in The Arena.

It was Midnight and The Spirits. Guess we don't have to look at her.

Midnight was holding her own but was struggling in the battle.

I lunged in to help her but Kade held me back. "It's suicide if we go in there now!"

"But I have to save her!" Tears began to stream for my eyes.

I couldn't lose Midnight. I wouldn't allow it. Not under my watch.

Then Midnight came crashing to the ground causing stone and dirt to fly everywhere.

"No!" I yelled as Kade held me back.

"Wait I remember it's the space time spell! We practiced it before!" Kade shook me.

Then I remembered. If we all used it all once we could even go back in time together too.

Use the space time spell!

I tried to telepathically communicate with her.

Midnight was on her side on the ground, wounded. But she understood what I said. She began to cast the spell. The Spirits began to circle her as she tried to get away while casting the spell, her white cape tearing on the ground. I saw fear flash across her face as The Spirits advanced on her.

I lunged over there. I'd take the blow for her if the spell didn't work.

Then a huge flash of light in appeared in front of me. It was already too late.

I heard Midnight scream in agony then silence. It was over.

Midnight was gone.

Forever.