Chapter 26: A New Prophecy

Ace's POV

I opened my eyes and looked in front of me.

There I saw a dozen men approach a slim figure in all black.

They all went to jump on the figure, but just at the raise of a hand, they all flew back with great force.

A huge blast of energy surged at the figure that just raised their hand again. The energy was which was easily vaporized into blackness.

Blackness seemed to ooze from all around the figure and remained near the figure as it stood there.

I immediately knew who this figure was.

The Shadow Warrior.

The strongest being in the universe.

But I heard The Shadow Warrior was defeated.

Then why is The Shadow Warrior standing here before me?

I turned around. There stood an entire army, ready to also pounce on this mysterious being.

I wanted to yell at them to warn them that they could not defeat this figure, but nothing came out of my mouth. I couldn't make a sound.

No one could see me.

No one but the blazing blue eyes of The Shadow Warrior from 50 feet away.

Then the being slid off their hood to reveal not the face of a terrifying monster but a beautiful woman with long blonde hair.

She was stunning. But her facial expression wasn't angry, it was sorrowful.

Then she looked up at the sky towards the army, ready to attack her and with just a look, the entire army was wiped from existence.

I gasped for air and I shot up.

I opened my eyes to see my room.

It was only a dream.

I slid the covers back and got out of my bed. I grabbed a cup of coffee and walked into my workroom that held my 2 friends and workers, Alex and Sarah.

"Ace, are you alright?" Sarah asked, pushing her long black hair back.

"Yeah, just a weird dream." I shook off the weird feeling.

"You won't believe what happened while you were asleep." Alex spoke, taking me to the wall of monitors. "The portals have reopened, we can now enter the universes again."

"What?" I questioned. For the past million years, we have been stuck inside the center of all 12 universes, The Cave. We couldn't understand why or fix it. What could have done this though?

"There was a spike of dark magic as well." Sarah added.

"And we have a picture from our cameras that show some dark being rising from the pool of dark magic." Alex spoke as he pulled up the picture.

"What are you saying?" I asked, perplexed.

Alex looked at me. "We are saying that there is something very evil and very powerful that has come back to life."