Chapter 33: The Hunt Continues

Musso's POV

"Where?" Rey asked.

"There's a castle in the immortal realm that I would suspect she'd go." Kade spoke.

"How do you know this?" Ace asked.

"Cause I have one too!" Kade chuckled. "Many immortals and mortals that have heard of the legend worship us and make us great gifts. And we both have castles and shit in honor of us."

"So where is her castle?" Alex asked.

"Somewhere." Kade spoke.

"Wow. Descriptive. We'd be fools too miss it." I rolled my eyes.

~~~

We kept walking for a few miles and then we heard water rushing behind some bushes.

"What's that?" Rey asked.

"I don't know." Kade began walking towards the bushes. "But I'm gonna find out."

"So I stand corrected. Or my sarcasm does." I spoke.

There in front of us was a massive dark castle. Dark mist flowed all throughout the barren ground around it.

We stood in awe for a few moments.

"Now let's go!" Rey cheered.

That was when dozens of immortal flew from behind the castle and landed all around us.

"Why are you here?" One of them spoke.

"We wish to speak with Midnight." Kade spoke.

"The Shadow Warrior does not accept visitors." Another one of them spoke.

"So you wanna do this the easy or hard way?" Kade smirked.

That was when the lunged at us.

I smiled at the thought of a fight.

A chance to let my saiyan instincts kick in.

One of them lunged at me and I ducked their punch and then came up and flipped them back. I uppercut the immortal in the face and watched for a second as he was flown across space.

"A little help Musso!" I turned around to see Rey pinned to the ground by 3 of them.

I flew right between them and Rey and roundhouse kicked all of them away.

"Thanks man!" Rey smiled.

I jumped back and knocked some of these immortals off Ace, Alex, and Sarah.

I then summoned a bunch of light magic that launched them back and vaporized them.

The rest of them scattered after that.

"You're an amazing fighter Musso!" Ace looked at me.

"Thanks." I said as I walked up the steps to the door.

I took a deep breath in and knocked.

Seconds passed and there was still no movement inside.

I tried to turn the doorknob but it wouldn't budge.

"Then imma do this the hard way." I gritted by teeth and I punched the door.

"Musso no!" Kade yelled.

But it was too late.

The door flew in and there before me was a dark, gothic, lavish mansion. It was beautiful.

"Who goes there?" A gentle voice called.

"I am looking for Midnight. Who are you?" I spoke.

"I am U. I'm the mortal form of the universe." He spoke.

"What" Rey spoke, puzzled.

"I am the life form of the universe if that explains it better." U spoke. "I've been watching you all train and I believe you can beat them in some time."

"I don't know about that." I stumbled.

"All 3 of you have become so strong. You're strong enough to do anything you can put your minds to." U spoke.

"Wait so you're the universe?" Alex asked.

"Yes. I'm the mortal spirit energy of the universe to be exact." U nodded.

"Wait if you get hurt?" Sarah asked.

"Well, if I get hurt the universe does as well. If I am destroyed, the universe is destroyed as well. That's why The Spirits won't attack me. If I die, they do too." U responded. "Then only The Chosen One, The Light Fighter, and The Shadow Warrior will exist because they are separate of me."

"So you can't sense Midnight?" I asked.

"I cannot. That is far behind my power." U spoke. "But I can tell you for sure that she is alive. And she is up to something big."