one: the phone call

one: the phone call

"Listen, I don't care if you think it's a stupid idea. I have a feeling he's there and I'm just saying you should check it out. Need I remind you that I'm the one paying you, not the other way around." Zayn says bitterly into the phone as sits at his desk. He had decided that it was time to go back to work, mainly due to the fact that it helped keep his mind off things for the most part. It didn't really help that Liam was just across the hall, constantly asking questions about Louis and the twins... but Liam didn't know where he was either.

No one knew.

Except for Zayn's father. Zayn didn't care how many times Yaser denied knowing, he knew his father better than anyone else. He was hiding something and that something had to do with Louis.

"I'm just saying it's a long shot."

"I want you to find him."

"Alright. I'll find him. I'll let you know if I do..." With that Zayn hung up the phone, letting out a long and heavy sigh as he runs his hands over his face. He felt absolutely exhausted, probably because he hadn't gotten much sleep in the past few weeks. It was easier to stay awake, his dreams were far too vivid for Zayn to sleep. It didn't matter what time of the day it was, he always dreams of Louis in that bed... Talking about their future.

About their kids.

About their family.

then he'd always ask that stupid question "Do you think you'll ever let me go?"

and then he's gone in just the blink of an eye.

Zayn hated it.

"Mr. Malik, Robbie is on line one." Lisa knocks timidly, her voice very quiet as she speaks. She knew better than to bother Zayn when he was working, but Robbie had said it was very important.

"Tell him I'm busy." Zayn says, not even bothering to look at Lisa. Lisa bites her bottom lip, contemplating just listening to her boss... but the young man on the phone seemed very desperate to get a hold of Zayn.

"He said it was very important, sir..." Lisa whispers, earning a rather large sigh from Zayn.

"Fine. Is that everything?" Zayn asks and Lisa is quick to nod. She rushed out of the room before Zayn had the chance to fire her or something. Zayn lets out another sigh as he picks up the phone, pinching the bridge of his nose as he does so.

"What?" Zayn says, his voice bitter as he does so.

"Someone isn't happy." It wasn't Robbie's voice on the other end and Zayn instantly stiffened. He sat up more in his chair, a frown on his face as his heart picked up pace.

"Lou? Where are you?" Zayn asks, earning a chuckle from the other man. Louis' voice sounded just as tired as Zayn's and Zayn could almost picture the soft smile on the other boys face. Zayn could hear the sound of the twins in the background, or really more the sound of Nathan.

"I just wanted to call and see how you were doing... Liam said you didn't look too great last time I talked to him." Louis says, taking Zayn a little by surprise. Zayn had just talked to Liam this morning, why hadn't he said anything? Was it possible that Liam had been lying too?

"You've been talking to Liam?"

"I called him the other day. Don't give him shit for not telling you, I made him promise not to. Besides he doesn't know where I am, okay? I just... I guess I wanted to hear you voice." Louis says honestly and a small flare of anger went through Zayn.

"You left. You promised you'd stay and you left. And now you're saying you wanted to just hear my voice? Are you f ucking kidding me right now? And why the hell did you tell my secretary that you were Robbie? You don't have to lie." Zayn says quietly, glancing at the door as if someone was waiting on the other side listening.

"What do you want me to say, Zayn?" Louis asks, a soft sigh sounding over the phone.

"I want you to tell me where you are."

"I'm sorry Zayn but that isn't going to happen. I know you're upset, I understand that what I did wasn't right and that I shouldn't be calling you right now... I just, I'm sorry okay? Does that at least count for something?" Louis whispers, earning a scoff from Zayn.

"No because you're still not telling me where you or my sons are. Those are my kids too, Louis. Or do you keep forgetting that?" Zayn says bitterly, getting ready to start yelling if he needed to. He didn't get why Louis left, he didn't get why he was playing this stupid game.

"I didn't forget, Zayn... You just don't get it and I don't think you ever will. All I can say is that I'm sorry."

"Sorry isn't good enough, Louis. Tell me where you are." Zayn tries again, but Louis wasn't going to give him the information. Zayn was losing his patience.

"This was a mistake, I shouldn't have called you."

"Don't you dare hang u-" Zayn starts, but it was already too late. Louis had hung up the phone, leaving Zayn in his office with nothing but the sound of the dial tone to keep him company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

louis.

the f uck you doing homie?

jfc.

Dedication goes toamsterdamharry

my fave comment gets the dedicationnn

um QOTC: why do you guys think Louis left?

comment

and

vote

connie xx