sixteen: too much

sixteen: too much

Louis wakes up the next morning completely alone, the sheets next to him almost freezing. Louis is more than a little confused, he knew that Zayn had fallen asleep next to him. Louis also knew that the twins had been in the same room as them last night as well. In a moment of panic, Louis jumped out of bed, practically running downstairs in search of Zayn and the boys. There was no way in hell Zayn had left with the boys, he wouldn't have done that to Louis... Not after everything he'd just said. 

"Zayn? Ethan? Nathan?" Louis calls, feeling sick to his stomach. Zayn wouldn't have done this... Zayn couldn't...

"Zayn?!" Louis calls out again, but he's met with nothing more than silence. Louis starts to cry at that point, unable to hold back as he pulls at his hair. He didn't understand... He didn't get how Zayn could've done this, he didn't get why. Everything was just fine last night, Zayn had told him everything... so why would he leave? What had Louis done? Sure, he didn't say he loved Zayn back... but that didn't give Zayn the right to take the twins with him. That was selfish... 

"Louis?" Zayn walks in the front door with both the twins, looking at the younger a little curiously. Louis lets out a relieved sob before running over to the twins. He picks them up instantly, hugging them close to him for a moment as he lets it sink in that he's got them in his arms again. He looks up at Zayn with a glare, the older of the two still confused as to what was going on. He'd just taken the twins outside for a moment while he went and got the mail. Louis had been fast asleep and Zayn didn't want to leave them alone. He didn't see what the harm in that was. 

"What the hell, Zayn?!" Louis nearly yells, looking up at Zayn with his glare. Zayn is still a little shocked, not getting why Louis was so upset. He'd just walked down the driveway with the boys, it wasn't like he took them halfway across the country. 

"What's your problem?" Zayn asks, not really caring if he came off as angry. He was done pretending that Louis didn't make him angry, Zayn had every right to be angry at Louis. He was so sick of Louis acting like this. 

"You didn't tell me you were leaving, I thought you ran off with the boys." Louis says, still glaring at Zayn. Zayn lets out a surprised laugh, looking at Louis with quirked eyebrows before he shook his head.

"You seriously think that little of me? I'm not like you, Louis. I don't play with people's feelings and take their family away. I don't pretend to love someone and then runaway. I don't go around acting like I'm the bloody victim when I'm clearly the one who's causing all this shit. I am not you. I am not who you seem to think I am. So why don't you do me a f ucking favor and just get out? I'm sick of this. I am sick of waiting for you to love me back, and I'm sick of you pretending like I'm the bad guy." Zayn says, and he doesn't regret it. He doesn't regret a single word and continues to stand his ground as Louis stares at him. Louis hadn't expected that, he really hadn't... 

"I'm so-" 

"Don't. Do not tell me you are sorry. I'm done listening to you say you're sorry, and I'm done trying to make this work. You can call me over dramatic, you can call me selfish or whatever the hell you want... but I am done. I did my part, you just weren't willing to do yours." Zayn says quietly and Louis is left speechless. 

"You don't know that... I just need time." Louis tries to argue, but Zayn didn't seem to want to hear it. He was tired, he was so tired of fighting Louis... of trying to make this work. Zayn felt as if every time the two of them got close, Louis pushed him away... and Zayn couldn't fight him any more. 

"Don't make this any harder than it needs to be, Louis." 

"I'm not going to leave." 

"Why? You had no problem with it before." Zayn says bitterly, ignoring the fact that Louis flinched a little at that. 

"Because... Because I uh..." Louis starts, but he can't say it. His chest is tight, his hands shaking and he wants to say it. He wants to say it right now, he wants to tell Zayn exactly what he wanted to hear...

"Because what? Because you love me? Is that what you want to say?" Zayn asks, but his tone is still bitter making Louis' stomach sink a little. He'd lost his chance... 

"So what if it is? By the looks of it, you're not going to believe me." Louis says, his tone now matching Zayn's as he once again glares at the older. Zayn scoffs at that, nodding his head a little as he continues to stare at Louis.

"Why would I? Give me one good reason why I should believe you." Zayn looks at Louis expectantly, the room falling completely silent as Louis tries to think of the right thing to say. When he stays quiet for a moment, Zayn once again shakes his head.

"I'm done, Louis." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I probably shouldn't write when I'm angry.

Shit happens and I'm just like "the f uck did I just write?" 

Oh welllll

Dedication goes to KingCommenter

QOTC:  can't think of one, soooooorrrrrry

comment

and

vote

connie xx