twenty-three: the proposal

"Daddy, Nat do no." Ethan says quietly, pointing at his older brother who was currently climbing up onto the couch. Zayn lets out a sigh, giving Nathan a look but the two year old boy just giggled as he continued to climb. 

"Nathan, you're going to hurt yourself and I'm not going to feel sorry for you." Zayn says quietly, looking up from his laptop as Nathan lets out another giggle. Zayn was trying to work and watch the boys at the same time, a task he was normally able to accomplish but over the past week the boys were making it nearly impossible. 

"Daddy, look!" Nathan yells out, standing up proudly on the arm of the couch. He earns yet another look from Zayn, who had now put down the laptop to go grab his son before ended up falling on his head. 

"My little monkey." Zayn says fondly, shaking his head as he grabs Nathan who let out a delighted shriek. 

"Daddy, no!" Nathan shrieks again as Zayn starts to tickle the toddler. Ethan just watches from his spot on the floor, a small smile on his face as he claps his hands in delight. Zayn lived for moments like these, where the boys were happy and didn't seem to have a care in the world. Zayn made it his goal to make them happy every day.

"Now what on earth is going on here?" Robbie's voice echoes through the room, making Zayn stop his tickling of Nathan and turn to look over at his boyfriend. He smiles softly, putting Nathan down on the ground who runs straight to Robbie with a grin.

"Robbie!" Ethan squeals, following his brother to Robbie. They both grabbed a leg, looking up at Robbie with wide grins that made Robbie laugh softly. Zayn eventually makes it over to Robbie as well, kissing his cheek. 

"Ready to go?" Robbie asks before Zayn nods. 

"Yeah, are you?" 

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. Are we taking the boys with us then?" Robbie asks, looking around for Harry only to come up empty handed. 

"No, we're dropping them off at Harry's." Zayn says, bending down to grab Ethan off of Robbie's leg. Robbie does the same with Nathan, who kisses his cheek with a grin. 

---------

"So is there any particular reason why we're going to the park?" Robbie asks, looking over at Zayn was they walk down the pathway towards the small pavilion. Zayn shrugs, not wanting to give away his surprise just yet. He was beyond nervous right now, feeling a little more than sick to his stomach. The box in his pocket felt like it weighted a million pounds and he was scared he wasn't going to be able to get out when the time was right. 

"Not really, just felt like going for a walk is all. Enjoy ourselves a little while Harry still has the boys." Zayn says quietly, trying not to come off as nervous as he felt.

"Everything alright?"

"Everything's fine. Just happy is all." Robbie laughs a little at that, shaking his head as he smiles down at the ground. Zayn can't help but smile as well, feeling at ease with Robbie. Robbie was always safe, he loved Zayn for who he was and he accepted the fact that he wasn't perfect. Zayn had honestly thought that Robbie was done with him a year ago when Louis came back... but one day he'd just ran into him at a coffee shop and it was like old times.

Robbie helped Zayn move on again.

Robbie made Zayn feel whole.

"Well I'm glad that you're happy." 

"You should be, I mean you're part of the reason why I am. You and the boys are the only positive things in my life." Zayn says honestly and Robbie's smile falters a little. He doesn't like it when Zayn talks like that, sometimes it scared Robbie how much Zayn relied on other people to make him happy. 

"I'm sure we aren't the only positive things..." Robbie starts, earning a soft snort from Zayn before he shakes his head. 

"I have yet to find anything else that tells me otherwise." Zayn says quietly, biting his bottom lip as they finally reach the pavilion. Robbie walks over to the railing, standing in front of it as he looks out across the lake. Zayn takes his time in joining him, just admiring the view for a moment or two before he finally does join him. 

"I've always loved it here." Robbie says, looking at Zayn out of the corner of his eye. Zayn smiles softly before nodding. 

"I have too... I mean, this was where I first met you." 

"You mean when you ran into me and nearly knocked me over?" 

"If I remember correctly, you were the one who ran into me." 

"Nope, I'm pretty sure it was you who ran into me." 

"Well, if it was me then I guess I ran into one of the greatest things." Zayn says and Robbie's heart skips a beat when he realizes just how close Zayn was right now. Zayn takes a deep breath, the box in his pocket once again feeling heavy but this was his moment. With shaky hands, Zayn pulls the box out of his pocket and kneels down on one knee. He opens the box, closing his eyes for a second as he takes another deep breath.

"Zayn..." 

"Robbie, will you marry me?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and that happened.

surprise

Dedication goes to NayomyLaxxma

QOTC: so what do you guys think about the zobbie engagement? 

Comment

and

Vote

Connie xx