Draco...

The next day was the worst. After I had gotten myself ready, I head down to the Common Room, expecting it to be empty, but of course, Ginny and Hermione stood there waiting for me. "Oh, hey guys" I say, coming to stand beside them. I cross my arms over my chest, covering my bruised hand, giving them a warm smile.

"So, how was Detention last night?" Ginny asks, looking at me. "Oh, you know.." I begin, walking around them, and standing closer to the portrait door. I turn to them, biting my bottom lip, before continuing. "How you would expect it to be. Umbridge was vile. Made us write lines..." I pause, looking up to see Ginny nodding as I spoke. Hermione on the other hand, kept eyeing me unconvinced at the story I was telling, but I continued. "But, it doesn't matter. Lets get to breakfast. I'm starving" I say, smiling once more in their direction, before turning on my heel, and heading out the portrait hole. 

...............

"Still can't believe she gave you all Detention for telling her off" Ron stampers, as we climb down the stairs and into the Dungeon for Potions. We take our usual places around our table in the back, Harry across from me, Ron to my right, leaving Hermione's empty space to my left. 

I glance around the classroom as more students pile in, Hermione no where in sight. I look back to Ron and Harry, joining in their conversation. "I'm just saying that this year's Quidditch team is going to be amazing!" Ron says, and Harry chuckles. 

"Didn't you hear the announcement this morning?" I interject, causing the both of them to turn to me quickly. "What announcement?" Ron asks, his eyes growing with anticipation. I roll my eyes, pulling my Potions book out of my bag, before turning back to them, looking mostly to Harry as I spoke.

"Apparently its against the-" 

"Oh hey guys!" A voice says, and we all look up to see Cedric standing near our table. "Hey Cedric" Harry and Ron chime together, and I smile to him, causing his cheeks to turn a soft pink. "Excited for Quidditch this year?" He asks the boys, and I smile to them, as they get back into their conversation.

"Well we were before Rose interrupted us about something..." Ron says, turning back to me. Once all eyes are on me again, I roll mine again. "Like I was saying, apparently its against the Ministry's rules, so Umbridge banned Quidditch this year" I say, watching the boy's jaws drop.

"Thats rubbish!" Harry says, as Fred walks over to our table, along side George. "What's rubbish?" They ask in unison, and we all turn to them. Fred wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I look from him to Cedric. Cedric quickly looks to Fred, his smile fading slowly. I shrug my shoulders, causing Fred to drop his arm. 

"What's rubbish is the fact that this old toad has the nerve to come in here and run the place like she's the bloody Headmaster" Ron spits, just as Hermione shows up, shooing Fred from her seat. She places her bag on the floor beside her stool, before she takes a seat, looking to me. 

"What's got their wands in knots?" She whispers to me, and I roll my eyes, smiling at her. "Umbridge banning Quidditch" I say, and she rolls her eyes but nods. "That's the latest" She says, giggling, before turning to them. "So, what are we going to do about..." Ron starts, but Snape comes in. 

"Turn to page 783, and begin your Simple Sleeping Draught potions" He says, taking a seat at his desk in the front, watching all of us. Fred, George, and Cedric all return to their desks, and I can't help but keep glancing over to Cedric's direction, before starting on my potion. 

...................

Once Potions was finally over, everyone had already collected their things and were all heading to the Great Hall for lunch. I, however, decided to skip lunch, and go for a walk. I was coming back up the Covered Bridge, when I heard my name.