.. Deck the Halls ..

December flew by and before we knew it, it was Christmas Eve. The decorations were just as amazing as always, except this year they shone more dimly.

Maybe it was the fact that our Headmaster is dead, or the fact that the Golden Trio is gone, who knows.

Snape wasn't allowing anyone to leave the castle for the holidays, which left most of the students in complete anger.

More acts of rebellion have been seen around the castle over the past few months. A few Hufflepuff's plastered banisters with large moving pictures of Harley.

I was happy to see her freckles, her bright green eyes, and her flaming red hair smiling down at me. Makes me feel like she's still here. Somehow, some way.

Down the Seventh floor corridors, there has been a lot of art work on the walls (which was my contribution). Art work as in spray paint with "Go Away Carrows" "Gryffindor Forever!" "Dumbledore Lives On" "The Trio Remains Strong!"

I was happy with my work, Filch not so much. He was trying to get a few Gryffindor girls to spill the beans on who did it, but none would tell him. They knew he was working for Snape. Why would they tell him?

I watch as Ginny leaves the Common Room at eight to start her Prefect duties. I promise her not to leave the Common Room, as I pull out my copy of Beatle Bard that Hermione had sent me, reading her letter again.

Whenever I felt alone at most, I read her letter. It's the only thing I have that makes me feel close to them. Well that, a sweater that Mrs. Weasley sent me with a large "R" stitched on the front that faintly smelt of Ron, and Hedwig.

The fire crackles in the fireplace as I finish the letter, and the portrait door opens. I turn, smiling as I see Arthur's smiling face as he enters carrying two large metal pitchers in his hands.

"Peppermint Hot Chocolate, at your service!" Arthur says, setting the two pitchers on the table near the bulletin board.

"How did you know?" I ask, as Arthur carrys over two cups, handing one to me as he sits down, taking a sip.

"Ginny" Arthur says, giving me a shrug. I take a large sip of the drink, smiling as it makes me feel tingly.

"She said you might need some cheering up. Said you've been really distant lately..." Arthur says, as he rests his arm on the couch behind me.

I feel my cheeks heat slightly, but I take another sip of my drink, as I look from the fireplace to him.

"Yeah, you could say that.." I say, letting my voice trail off. I finish off my drink, as Arthur finishes his.

"More?" Arthur asks, and I nod handing him my cup.

"Yes please.." I say, watching as he walks over, filling up our mugs. He walks back over and sits down with me, handing me my cup once more.

"So, did you get anything for Christmas?" I ask, trying to change the topic from me.

Arthur thinks on it, but shakes his head. "Mum and Dad couldn't afford anything for me this year. Molly sent me something under the tree, which I assume is another sweater like yours..." Arthur says, tugging on my sleeve.

I smile to him, looking at where his fingers linger close to my arm, before I take another sip of my drink.

I never thought the entire Weasley family were low on money. The thought makes me happy that Mrs. Weasley actually cares enough to not buy something for her children, but makes them all something, including us who aren't her children.