The First Meeting...

As the ball drew near, everyone kept getting more and more excited about it. Ginny had gotten asked by Dean Thomas to go with him. She accepted, only to make Harry jealous because he actually went through and asked Romilda Vane to the ball. Hermione said she was going stag, in the hopes of Ron asking her. Sadly did she know, Ron got asked by Lavender Brown. Lavender was a smart girl, but witty. She didn't have all her ducks in a row, to say the least.

Hannah Abbott asked Neville to the ball, but he declined her, saying he already had a date. I knew it hurt her feelings, but there wasn't much I could do about it. I wasn't going to cancel my date because she got hurt.. But that soon changed, when I found her crying in a bathroom stall. I talked to her, and told her I would talk some sense into Neville for her. Actually, I was going to tell him tonight after the meeting that he should go with her instead.

Later that night, I had made my way up to the dorms to change into a decent outfit for tonight. Everyone else wanted to just wear their uniforms, but I hated wearing mine. I hated skirts. I changed into my black long sleeved shirt with the Hogwarts crest on it. I kept my black panty hose on, throwing on a pair of dark jean shorts. I threw on my combat boots, and tucked my wand away inside the boot. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and put on a light layer of make up. Nothing to fancy, just wanted to be comfortable.

After I spritzed myself with my favorite vanilla perfume, I made my way down to the Common Room. It was completely empty except for a few first years who had gathered around the fireplace, working on some Charms essay. A couple of them smiled up to me, and one even waved at me. I waved back, but didn't stop to make conversation, as I quickly walked by them, and out the portrait door.

*********

"Where have you been?" Harry asks, as I step into the Room of Requirement. I jump suddenly, glaring at him slightly. "I've been out. I had things to do" I say, brushing him off, and standing beside Ginny, who glares at Harry when he looks to her. "Slick git" She murmurs under her breath, and I wrap an arm around her shoulders.

"Okay, so today we are just going to practice some of the basic spells. Expelliarmus to start off with" Harry says, gathering everyone's attention. Hermione and Ron stand on either side of him, staring off into the crowd. "So everyone, divide up on either sides of the room, and we can get started" Harry says, before turning around, and walking over to a test dummy.

Ginny and I end up standing on the right side, across the way from Dean, Neville, and Seamus. Cho Chang and Luna both stood beside me, whispering to one another about the ball, while Harry got everything set up. I hear Cho mention something about Cedric, when Hermione clears her throat, getting everyone's attention again. "Alright so, first things first. You will hold out your wand, like so" She says, holding out her wand at arms length, before glancing around to everyone. "Then you will softly flick your wrist, while speaking very clearly.." She pauses, looking to the dummy.

"Expelliarmus!" She says, causing the dummy's wand to flick out of its hand. Hermione catches it, before walking over and placing it in the dummy's hand once more. She looks around the room, before stopping on me. "Rose, your turn" She says, smirking to me, causing me to roll my eyes. Thanks 'Mione. I slowly make my way in front of the dummy, and withdraw my wand from my boot. I close my eyes, letting out a soft breath, before looking back to the dummy and raising my wand. "Expelliarmus!" I say, and watch as the dummy's wand shoots out of its hand, landing in Harry's palm. I smile to him, before tucking my wand back in my boot, and standing beside Ginny once more.