Year Five: The Burrow..

August 23rd..

This year was going to be different. This year was going to be the year that everything changed for the better. This year was going to be the year, that Hogwarts would finally be in peace...
Or so we thought.

I awake this morning as Mrs. Weasley is calling up to all of us. At first I think nothing of it, only remembering that Harry is supposed to arrive today. Not gonna lie, although spending most of the Summer with Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, Mrs. and Mrs. Weasley, and Ginny had been a blast, I had missed Harry terribly. He's been not only an ex boyfriend, but a really close person in my life.. Well for the last year anyways.

I quickly jumped out of bed, only to have Fred murmur. We had ended up sleeping in the same bed with one another ever since we came home from Hogwarts. Like I said, I still don't know what we are, but I guess you could call us a thing? 

"Where are you going?" Fred asks, his eyes still closed.

I smile, walking over and kissing his forehead, before pulling on my tee shirt that happened to end up on the floor after hours of snogging last night.

Fred and I had promised to not actually do the... "Horizontal tango " But to save that for when we both were ready. That's one thing I loved about him, he never tried to do anything like that with me. Harry never tried to force me into it. We were just a bunch of horny little teenagers.

But this year was different. After a constant Summer of waiting to hear from Dumbledore about my father, and only a few letters here and there, I'd say I'd grown up a bit from just last year.

My hair had grown from red to a reddish brown color and is now rested on top of my shoulders. Since I've been here, I've picked up slightly on the accent of everyone around me. I've managed to keep my Summer figure, and I've made myself a pretty good witch, with Hermione's help of course.

My birthday was coming up, and I was hoping that no one would really pay much attention to it at all.. Don't think they know about it anyways. I just want this year to be better.. Different than the last. 

"Your mom is calling for us to meet her in the kitchen. Might be something to do with Harry" I say, smiling down at him. He had finally opened his eyes, rolling them at me as I stare down at him. "Your happy about seeing him then?" Fred asks, jealousy clear in his voice.

I smile down to him again, crawling on top of his lap, smiling to him. "You have nothing to worry about. Even though we broke up last year, he's still my friend. I do care about him Fred" I say, taking his hands, and intertwining our fingers. Fred simply nods, as I lean down and kiss him softly on the lips.

His hands grip my waist, before we continue into a deep snog, only to be interrupted by Mrs. Weasley calling for everyone again. "Later" Fred murmurs, before climbing out of bed, and pulling on his shirt from the floor.

I quickly slip out of bed, pulling on my pajama shorts, before running a hand through my hair, and joining Fred by the door. He looks down to me one last time, planting a quick kiss to my lips, before taking my hand in his, and we exit the bedroom, making our way downstairs.

**************

Once we make it down the stairs, Fred quickly lets go of my hand. We had made a pact to not let his family know about us... At least not yet..  And honestly, I was fine with that. The only person that knew was Hermione, and that's only because she caught us in a deep snog at one point, and demanded to know everything. I told her, of course. I mean she is one of my best friends after all.