..And Your Enemies Closer..

Hermione and I walk into Potions the next morning, ready to start our first day back at Hogwarts. We take our seat at the front table as the new Potions teacher walks to the front of the room.

I quickly pull out my book, glancing over as Hermione does the same. She looks at me, a small smile tugging on her lips before she faces the front again. I go to ask her whats up when the teacher speaks up, drawing all the attention in the room to him.

"Hello class. My name is Professor Horace Slughorn. I'll be your new Potions teacher. So today we are going to begin on identifying these potions. Can anyone tell me what potion is in each cauldron?"

Hermione's hand was the first one to fly into the air. Everyone in the room turned to her, before facing Slughorn again. Slughorn gives Hermione a warm smile before calling her name. "Yes, Mrs..."

"Granger, sir.." Hermione pauses as Harry and Ron burst through the door, both looking apologetic when they see the classroom full of students, staring at them. "Ahhh, Harry my boy. I was beginning to worry. Looks like you brought a friend along too.." Slughorn says, talking about Ron.

I look over, noticing the way Hermione is giving Lavender Brown death glares as she stares at Ron. I snort softly, before looking back to Harry, catching his eye. "Ron Weasley, sir.." Ron says, causing Lavender to sigh aloud.

"Well, any friend of Harry's is a friend of mine. Now pull out your books.." Slughorn says, turning his back on the two before looking to them again. "Well, see... Ron and I haven't gotten our books yet..." Harry stampers, running a hand through his jet black hair.

Slughorn sighs, pointing over his shoulder with his thumb towards a small cupboard. "Not to worry, there's plenty other books over there. Just grab you both one" Slughorn says, before facing us again.

"You may finish, Mrs. Granger" Slughorn says, waving his hand for Hermione to continue. Hermione swiftly makes her way to each of the cauldrons, identifiying them perfectly. When she takes her spot beside me, Harry and Ron join us, both looking abit gruntled.

I smile at the pair of them, before looking back to Slughorn. "So, this is what I offer you. A tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the one person who can conjour up the perfect brew of Draught of Living Death" Slughorn pauses, seeming to get lost in his thoughts.

"Only one student has ever managed to brew a perfect potion... Never the less, let the brewing comense" Slughorn finishes, waving his arms around.

Hermione was quick to grab all the correct amount of ingredients for the both of us. I watch as Ron stands up, going to grab his and Harry's ingredients. When I look to Harry, he's wearing a confused look on his face.

I watch the way he stares at the inside of his book, his brows pulled together. "What is it?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me. "Nothing" Harry stampers, shutting his book quickly. I go to ask something else when Ron returns.

"You know, you're still a twat for taking that book Harry" Ron says, a small chuckle escaping his and Harry's mouths. I smile to the both of them before grabbing my ingredients and getting to work.

****

An hour had passed and we were going no where with our potion. When I glance to Hermione, her hair was a fluff ball. You could tell that the spell she used to contain it had wore off. Giving her hair a more.. Frizzed look.

When I look to Ron, I watch in awe as he retrieves his spoon, the potion slipping right through it, melting the metal. I smile to myself before looking to Harry. He seemed to be doing rather well with his potion. Which is rather odd, because Harry isn't so good with Potions class.