Chapter 36 - Suspended

Vernon's POV

I was walking at school until someone pulled my bag, causing me to fell on my back. I looked up and saw three boys, looking down at me. I tried to stand up but one of them pushed me back down. "Ouch.." I mumbled.

"So, I heard that you're partners with Dohee." He said, pushing my head with his index finger, making me moaned in pain. "Stay away from her if you want to live. I don't care if you're an idol, I will hurt you so bad." He stated.

What is this? Wait, don't tell me they're jealous. Gosh, I thought only girls does this things. "What are you guys talking about? We're just partners." I sighed. The other guy went closer to me and pulled my collar.

"Just stay away." He warned, pushing me back. I should do something. I can't just do nothing. I'm not a wimp. I clenched my fist and ready to aim but got stopped.

"Hey! Get the hell away from him." It was Seokmin. He ran towards me and pulled me up.

"You're not the boss of us." The first guy said, pushing him a side.

"What's going on here?" Suddenly Seungkwan and Minghao came to us.

"So, you brought your little gang with you." The first guy said to me.

Mingyu came then put his hand on the guy's shoulder. "Oh, don't tell me you tend to bully Vernon." Mingyu said, walking closer to him. "You're just a loser, Jaekwang." He whispered.

I assume the guy's name is Jaekwang. "Mingyu-shi. S-sorry." He looked afraid as he bowed along with the others.

"Now, go." Mingyu shooed the away. They were glaring at me before walking away. I suppose it's not the last I'll see them. They seemed like they're going to beat me up. I wouldn't worry about that. I'd be glad to play their little games.

Mingyu turned to me. "You know, you could easily knock them out. They're not really hard." He said.

I groaned. "I was going to but then you came." I pointed at Seokmin.

"A thank you would be a nice thing to say right now." Seokmin said to me. I just shrugged.

"Let's just go to class now." Seungkwan said, pulling me. "Bye guys." He waved at the other boys. All of them waved basck before getting back to class.

*****

Class was boring, as always but what bothers me is that Dohee's not here. Where is she? Everyone said that she was here before class started. Is it because of me she skipped class? Is it because what I did last night? She knows it's an accident but why did she said it wasn't. The boys at the dorm didn't even want to hear my explination.

{Flashback}

I was reading out the paper that the teacher gave to us. I then stopped, turning my head to Dohee who seemed to be writting something on a paper.

"Wait, are you starting without me?" I asked. She didn't answer but kept on writting. "Hello..." I waved my hand infront of her face. I groaned. I was about to lean closer to her to see what she was writting but I tripped, causing me to fell onto her.

She was looking up to me with a disgust look on her face. "Sorry." I mumbled. I tried to get up from her but something caught my eyes. It was a silver necklace around her neck.

That necklace seems familiar. I thought to myself. Suddenly something came up in my mind. Isn't that the necklace that Seungkwan gave her. I paused, looking down to her neck. Is she really Hyemi?

"Get off of me." She said in a lower voice.

I looked into her eyes, confused. She looks exactly like Hyemi in this close. "Where do you get that necklace?" I asked, pointing at the nacklace.