Chapter 39 - Lies

Jaemin's POV

"So. We meet again, Kwon Soonyoung." I said to him. He might not remember me but I know I'm someone who's familiar to him. I remember the last time I met him. It was when I pretended to be a human and he was there, dragging Hyemi away from Seokmin and me. I disappeared when Seokmin was about to ask me to join them for dinner.

Although, before I disappered, Soonyoung took one last glace at me. I don't know what his eyes meant but by the looks of it, he knew what I was up to.

"Who are you?" He asked. I tilted up my head and I saw his eyes widened, looking at me. "Lee Jaemin." I simply told him what Hyemi and Seokmin called me.

"W-what are you doing here?" He shuttered. He seemed scared and confused at the same time, which was understandable. Who wouldn't be scared if a person apears in a room with you with a creapy appearance?

"I'm here to tell you about Hyemi." I said without hesistation. He was looking at me, weirdly. "What about her? She's dead." He said but I could tell he doesn't want to say that.

"Dead? She's not even close to dead," I turned to look up. "The thing is... You guys are too dumb enough to realize that she's Dohee."

"What the-"

"That's right. Dohee is Hyemi all along. Gosh, it's not that hard to figure out." I said.

"How do you know? How do you know Hyemi?" He asked, furrowing his brow.

"Let's just say, I know her better than you do." I told him.

He grabbed my shoulders and asked, "where is she now?"

"If you haven't notice, she's living with her so-called brother, Jinyoung or should I call him, Jr." I smirked. My smirk vanished when I saw his hands on my shoulders. " And please do not touch me."

He quickly let go of me. "Wait, why would she live with him?"

"Because he's trying to hide her from you guys."

"Why?" He asked with a shock tone. He seemed to be angry and upset at the same time.

"He thinks it's for the best for Hyemi..." I told him.

He sighed. "I'm not buying it. I can't believe you."

"Fine. Don't believe me," I said. "Seokmin knows that she lives with Jr."

"How do you know that?" He asked, furrowing his brows again.

"I know a lot about you." I laughed.

"Wait, how? A-are you a stalker?" He asked, causing me to roll my eyes.

I groaned. "No, I'm not. I'm not a stalker nor a fan of you. I just know a lot about you guys."

"I don't know if I could trust you. Why are you telling me this? Besides, if Dohee really is Hyemi, then why is she pretending to to know us?" He questioned.

"She lost her memories after the accident happened." I told him but he was giving me some strange looks.

"I still don't believe you." He said.

"Suit yourself. And for your information, I was there when the accident happened." I told him before disappearing after I turned of the lights.

Hoshi's POV

As soon as the lights were on, the girl disappeared. Lee Jaemin disappeared. That's weird, she was in front of me a second ago. What is she? Is she some kind of a ghost? I looked around the room, wondering where she could have escaped from. But unfortunately, there's no other way out, other than the main door where I was standing at.