Chapter 45 - Burned

DK's POV

"Are you sure you'll be fine here alone?" Seungcheol asked Hyemi. We were on our way for recording. Of course, Hyemi couldn't come since manager hyung was there. He'll be pissed if he saw Hyemi.

"I'll be fine. Have fun!" She spoke with a high voice. The boys waved at her before walking out the door.

Seungkwan went closer to Hyemi and hugged her tightly, causing her to yelped. "Awww Hyemi, I'll miss you." He said.

"Uhh... can't breath!" She mumbled. I quickly pulled Seungkwan away from her. "Oh, sorry. Hehe." He scratched the back of his neck. I patted his back. "Why don't you head over to the car." I smiled. He sighed before nodding his head as he made his way out the door, leaving me and Hyemi alone.

I turned to her and saw her looking at me with a confused look on his face. I laughed. "I'll see you later." I said as I leaned closer to kiss her cheek.

Suddenly we heard a fake cough coming from the kitchen. I pulled away and saw Vernon staring at me with a smirk. "V-Vernon?! You're still here?" I questioned, in shock obviously.

He nodded his head, making his way towards us. "I was just grabbing something to drink before we leave and why are you still doing here?" He asked, nudging me while wiggling his eyebrows. I groaned.

He turned to Hyemi. "I should leave you love birds alone now. Just in case you two start to make out or something." He teased, making Hyemi's face more red.

"Oh, just get out of here!" I shoved him out the door.

"Do you guys need protection? because I have-" I slammed the door before he could even continue his sentence.

I looked at Hyemi who was blushing madly. I chuckled. I then pinched her cheeks. "How cute!" I said.

She lightly pushed my hands away. "Ouchie~!" She whined, rubbing both of her cheeks. I just giggled. "I'll be going now. See you later." I waved at her. She grinned, waving at me before I walked out the door.

*****

"Hyung, your phone is ringing." Jun told Seungcheol, handing the phone to him. "Who is it?" Seungcheol asked, looking down the screen. Jun just shrugged.

"Take it outside. I can't have you talking on the phone when I'm working." Woozi said, doing some work on his computer. Seungcheol nodded and walked out of the studio to take the phone call.

After a while, he walked in with an alarming look on his face, causing us to questioned what happened. "The neighbour just called. We need to get back to our dorm now!" He annouced.

All of us rushed to the car as the driver quickly drove us back to the dorm. "What happened?! Is Hyemi alright?!" Dino exclaimed. Seungcheol didn't answer. He was too busy trying to call someone. I was absolutely worried. I didn't know what was going on.

When we reached to our apartment, the people in the building was gathering outside of the building. We quickly got out of the car. I looked at the building and saw a huge fire and it seemed like it was coming from our place.

"Oh my god!" Joshua said.

"You're not suppose to say oh my god." Vernon told josh, only to get a slap on the head by Wonwoo.

"Wait- where's Hyemi?!" Hoshi exclaimed, looking around at the people. I gasped, knowing that she was probably still up there.

"I'll go inside!" I told them but soon got pulled by Jeonghan.

"No, you might get hurt. Let the fireman do it." He said to me, pointing his finger at the group of firemen who were entering the building.

"Alright." I muttered softly, sighing afterwards. What is going on?

*****

"This is the only few objects that didn't get burned." One of the fireman told us, giving us a box with our belongings in it. There was only a few of it.

"Oh no," Woozi mumbled. "My works are not here." He spoke in frusteration. I turned around and saw Seungcheol was talking to the fireman. I walked towards them.

"Did you leave the stove on?" The fireman questioned.

"No, I don't think so," Seungcheol seemed unsure. He turned his head to me. "Did we?" He asked.

I shocked my head. "I don't think so. Hyemi and Dino was making sandwiches. I don't think they used the stove." I told him.

"Uhm..." I looked at the fireman. "Did you find someone in the room?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. There was no body in there." He told us.

"Seokmin!" Out of nowhere, Hyemi appeared from behind. I sighed in relief. I ran towards her. "Thank god, I thought I lost you again." I muttered.

I gave me a half smile. "I'm sorry about your place."

Seungcheol and the other boys came to us. "What happened, Hyemi?" Mingyu asked.

Hyemi looked down to her fingers. "I did it," she admited. "I don't know what has gotten into me. I didn't know why I did it. I couldn't control myself. I swear I didn't do it on purpose... I think." She explained.

"You think?! Wait- so you're telling me that you somehow did this on purpose?!" Woozi exclaimed. "Hyemi... I really like having you with us. I really do but I don't know why you did this to us. Our work that we had been working on for years is in there and you 'think' you didn't do it on purpose? I don't understand you, Hyemi. It's only been a day since you moved back with us and we trusted you. You burned down our home. Our home. I'm sorry to say this but we made a huge mistake for having you back." I heard gasps when he said that.

Hyemi looked at Woozi with sadness in her eyes. She then turned her head back down to the ground.

"Ok, I think we should calm do-"

"I came as fast as I could. What happened?" I was cut off by manager hyung as he ran towards us. Joshua quickly pulled Hyemi behind him to hide her from manager hyung.

"Our dorm got on fire. Most of our stuff got burned. Including our work." Seungcheol explained, burying his head in his hands.

"How?" Manager hyung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We don't know." Seungcheol answered.

I heard manager hyung sighed. "Well, as long as you guys are ok. What is that?" He asked, pointing at the box that Jun was holding.

"This are the only things that didn't get burned." Jun told him. Manager hyung closer to it. "Oh, what's inside?" He asked, looking through it.

"Wait- what the hell is this?" He questioned, pulling out a dress that Hyemi wore when we first met. All of the boys looked at each other, signaling each other.

"Uhh.. that's.. uhh.. my.. uhh.. sister's." Vernon lied.

"Then.. uhh.. is.. uhh.. it.. uhh.. here?" Manager hyung asked, mocking Vernon.

"Well, my sister is..." Vernon's eyes were motioning me to help him. God, he's so bad at lying.

"Vernon's sister bought him a shirt but it turns out to be a dress. Haha." I told him with an awkward laugh.

Manager hyung looked at all of us, scanning our faces. "Whatever," he said, making us sighed in relief. "Since you can't stay there for a while, I guess you'll have to stay with me. My place is not far away from here."

"N-No!" Hoshi said, causing us to jumped in shock. "I mean, Seokmin's house is not far away from here. Can't we just stay there until we get a new place?" He asked. I gave him a questioned look.

It took a while before manager hyung agreed on it. However, I didn't think it was a good idea. Not that I didn't want to see my parents, it's just that what would I explain to my mum about Hyemi?

------------

Vote and comment! pweeeseeee