QUATRE

"Do you think he'll like it?"

Harry asks Maura as she hangs up the final banner up. Since they didn't have many friends Harry had Denise take Niall out shopping as his birthday present.

"I bet," Maura started as she jumped off the chair, "he will love it."

She gives Harry a hug and a kiss on the cheek. The living room was decorated in a way to accomodate about six to ten people max.

Again, emphasis on they did not have many friends.

Deep down, Harry was also planning that this would be a welcoming party for his dad. But he learnt not to keep his hopes up. He hated disappointment.

"Harry dear, could you get the door?"

Maura called from the kitchen. But he knew it wasn't Niall. Not for another hour at least. He knew Denise too well. He chuckled to himself as he opened up the door.

"Harold!"
"Gregory!"

Harry shouted as he was captured in a tight embrace from Niall's older brother, who also acted as the brother Harry never had. They called each other their full names because, as Greg put it, they were undercover.

"I've missed you buddy."
"Me too, Agent G."

Harry smiled as Greg let go and smiled at him. He stalked off to say hi to his mum. Harry happened to look across the street and his breath hitched.

Louis and Liam were walking and, hopefully, they hadn't seen him. He shut the door quickly and leaned against it. There was a memory in there somewhere and he had to uncover what it was that made Louis Tomlinson special.

His thoughts were interrupted by another knock on the door. Harry greeted and welcomed some of Niall's cousins, about four.

And lastly, came Michael Clifford from grade school. He still had his red hair but he grew taller and gained a bit of confidence. They weren't in the same school but they kept in touch.

About ten mimutes to seven, Greg gets a text from Denise telling him that they are around the corner. Everyone scatters to hide.

Niall's voice disrupts the silence.

"Denise i do believe that we may have caused some kind of..."

He didn't finish because as he opened the door, everyone jumped up and shouted "SURPRISE!"

Niall stood rooted to the ground, his mouth wide open. Then a giant smile spread across his face.

"You guys!"

He hugs Harry and thanks him. A lot.

"You're welcome Nialler. Happy Birthday. And look who came to visit."

Michael gave a shy wave from behind Harry but was pulled into a tight hug from Niall. They laughed and the music was started up. People chatted and caught up and everyone had a great time.

By the time they cut the cake, it was going to ten. The family said there goodbyes and Maura went to bed, leaving Harry, Niall and Michael besides the fireplace as a warm fire blazed.

"Hey Ni?"
"Mmh?"
"What did you wish for?"

Michael asked, looking at Niall. Niall smiled then lookes between the two.

"I wished to never loose you two."

They all smiled at each other when an knock interrupted them. Niall walks over to the door and then silence.

"H...Harry?"

Harry frowns and goes to the door followed closely by Michael. Niall was still holding the door knob staring at the person in the doorway.