SEPT

Life has a mysterious way of turning out. It's like a mould of clay. You have to really concentrate on moulding it otherwise you just might end up with something else.

Life is also very unfair. It leads you in One Direction only to drop you like a sack of potatoes in a whole other dimension.

So when Christian walked out of ICU with his eyes watery and his nose red, Louis didn't know what to do. He was using Jay as a support as the three stood outside the large doors waiting for Christian.

When he did eventually come back, Louis almost passed out. Was it over? Already?

It couldn't! Not under these circumstances.

"H...how is he?"

Louis asked looking at Christian in the eye. If it was bad he wanted to see if he was lying or not. Christian merely shook his head and went into the waiting room, the three following close behind him.

Christian sat down and burried his face in his hands. Jonathan sat down beside him, placing his arm around his shoulder, gently rubbing. Louis sat down beside him while Jay stood infront of him.

The next time he looked up, his cheeks were stained with tears.

"H-he j-just, h-he..."

He choked out. He was so out of it. He couldn't believe it. Everything felt numb but his heart was broken.

"Easy buddy. Deep breathes."

Jonathan encouraged. He rubbed up his arms as an attempt to get him to calm down. Jonathan remembered their younger days when he was overly protective of Christian. He still is and he couldn't help it.

"H-he just slipped into a coma."

Christian whispered as if saying it out loud would remind him of how real this was.

Jay looked at him in shock, Jonathan nodded and continued to rub down his sides and Louis... well Louis couldn't take it.

His vision became blurry with tears and he didn't stop them. He leaned his head on Christian's shoulder and cried. He cried till he fell asleep and the pain was just a dull ache.

But it felt like only moments later he was being woken up.

"Come on."

A whisper sounded beside him. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked to adjust his vision. Christian was squatting infront of him. Louis furrowed his eyebrows before looking sideways seeing both Jonathan and Jay were asleep.

He looked back at Christian who had a blank expression but his eyes concealed secrets.

"Come on."

He repeated. This time he stood and put his hand out for Louis to take it. Louis took it and stood up, instantly feeling cold. He put his arms around himself just as Christian put his arm around Louis, bringing him to his side.

They passed by his room and he put on grey sweats and Harry's purple Jack Wills hoodie which he had given him as they ate dinner.

It felt like ages ago.

Christian led them to an orange Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 that was parked out in the parking lot. Louis' eyes widened and he couldn't help himself.

"Are you stealing?"

Christian laughed then took the keys out, unlocking the doors.

"No Louis. It's from the...the uh..."

Louis raised an eyebrow but Christian shrugged it off and gestured him into the car. Louis got in even though his mind was telling him no.

That's how Louis ended up in the car with Christian and they'd been driving for about two hours. Louis wanted to ask oh-so badly but he couldn't.