VINGT-HUIT

2147.

Do you ever constantly ask yourself whether fate really does exist? If so, you probably have like a whole bucket load of proof to support it.

Harry never believed in fate. It was a crappy fairytale that he wanted no part of. But whether or not he believed in it, it seemed to want him.

Harry did not willingly continue to cut himself, even after landing in hospital for it. He didn't want to. But with everything going on around him, he's never found a better comfort. The new year meant Louis and Liam would have to put more time into studying for their finals (even though they were in April-May), and that meant more time for Taylor and Nick to come at them because Nick wasn't a fan of studying early.

The new year brought a new sense of trepidation from Miles and Christian which left Harry so confused as to why his father would look at him with something that looked very close to guilt. Due to that, his father worked later unusual hours with James. Harry didn't like James much because he was there one second and the next he had disappeared off the face of the earth.

The new year brought Harry nothing but absolute fear. He may not have brought up the whole whistling thing before, but it just never bothered him and it was just a small prank to him. But not now.

The first incident was when he was twelve. It was so casual. He was waiting for Christian on the sidewalk outside of school one afternoon. There were a few teachers still in the school but other than that Harry was alone. He told Niall's mum that his dad said he would be late but he would pick him up.

As he waited there, flipping through his small notebook of random doodles, he noticed a man in a dark blue suit and fedora walking in his direction. Harry remembered Christian insisting to never talk to strangers especially if they were covering their faces. Harry slowly patted his hoodie pocket confirming the pepper spray and whistle were in distance. The man stopped at the bench near the bus stop. Then he began to whistle the BINGO song. At first Harry was freaking out because was it like a call for others to come and attack him? So he tried to flip through his book but then at the end of the song a horn honked. It was Christian.

The second time was when he was thirteen. Him and Niall had gone to the cinemas to watch the newest Avengers at the time. They went without Christian for once, since he said they were able to handle the movies alone. Ofcourse he sent James with them. But James was incognito and he was wearing black skinnys and a white shirt just so they could recognize him after the movie.

But then Niall had to go to the bathroom right after the movie. Harry was better at holding himself so James asked Harry to wait in the waiting lounge as he followed Niall towards the bathroom. Harry didn't see if he went in as well as his attention was drawn to a random boy with blue eyes and blonde eyes. Harry found the boy really hot and he wanted to slap himself for that. He had only started questioning his sexuality that year.

Out of the blues, Harry froze as the whistling broke through the noise. He couldn't even believe he managed to hear it with all the noise in the place. He looked around to see who it was but there was no one. The 'B' was removed. It ended and two minutes later both Niall and James came back.

The third time was when Harry was fourteen. It was when he'd gone to the park that wasn't too far from Niall's house. Harry was talking to his dad who was on that mission in Italy and he was sad. He had had another asthma attack so he was clutching his inhaler hard to his chest trying to calm himself down being out in the fresh fall air.

At the end of the conversation, Harry continued to sit there and watch a bunch of 6-year-olds screaming and sliding on the playground. He smiled softly to himself, instantly relaxing. Given five more seconds, Harry would have stood up to walk back home. But he wasn't. Besides the playground were a group of adults both male and female. And then he heard the whistling. He swore it came from where the adults were standing. But he couldn't be sure. When he heard the 'B' and 'I' were removed, he stood up and ran back to Niall's house. Which probably wasn't so smart but he had to.