DIX-SEPT

Secrets are, unfortunately, a part of human nature. No matter what we do, we can't get rid of the fact that everyone has secrets. It's easy to have secrets.

Keeping them secret is the hardest task.

Harry and Louis walk into the school the following Friday, just like any other day that week. And all that surrounds them are stares and whispers.

But today the whispers were rushed and confused because what?

While Louis was wearing his black skinnys and white t-shirt, grey beanie on top, Harry had embraced a new side of him that Louis absolutely adored. He wore cream-coloured skinnys, and an orange sweater. And to top it off, he wore a beautiful orange flower crown on his hair.

Harry blushes at the attention because for once, the whispers are actually positive.

"Wait? That's the freshie?..."

"His eyes are so fucking green..."

"I'm jealous of Tomlinson..."

Louis smiles at the boy, pulling him to his side via their linked arms. Harry giggles and basks in the fame for as long as it lasts.

They reach his locker and the stares are still present. Harry opens his locker as his conversation with Louis continues.

"But why?"
"Because Loulou, it's something special."
"Harry Styles tell me right this instant what you are planning."

Harry stops pulling out books, tapping his chin pretending to think about his answer. A smirk plays on his lips as he looks back at Louis.

"Nop."

Louis groans and hits Harry's arm playfully.

"Dammit princess. Fine. I'm going to get my books from my locker. Stay with Niall."

Harry nods and on cue, Niall walks towards Harry's locker pulling them both into separate hugs. And Louis walks away to his locker where Liam would be waiting for him.

Harry and Niall talk among themselves and as always, happiness was never meant to be on his side.

Harry is suddenly pushed against the lockers, flower crown almost sliding off. A dark chuckle erupts in his ears and he groans, slowly opening his eyes to those dark brown eyes that he hates so much.

"What do you want Nick?"
"I see you're still with the faggot again. And he's turned you into a prancing fag too."
"That's none of your fucking business."
"Oh Harold. I think it is."

The voice that he dreaded hearing spoke.

Taylor's.

Harry squints his eyes in a glare towards the two. Nick chuckles and lets go of Harry stepping in line with Taylor, wrapping his arm around her waist.

Harry rolls his eyes mentally. They probably thought they were some power couple.

"Y-you two are together?"

Niall asks, standing up from where Taylor had pushed him, standing next to Harry against the lockers.

"Damn blondie, are you sure you ain't a natural one?"

The crowd laughs at Nick's attempt at a joke but fails miserably.

"Oh look Nick. Harry's got a flower crown."
"I wonder who gave it to him."

Nop. Harry saw where this was going and he did not want to stay and let it unfold. He bends down to pick up his bag and the few books that had scattered, but Taylor's words make him stop and stand up slowly, anger taking over his mentality.