QUATORZE

At the end of the day, love brings you back together. Right?

Wrong!

In this case, a duty brought Louis and Harry back together.

It was Friday. Two days after the fight. Two days of not talking. Two days of endless negotiations between Harry and Christian. Christian threatening to kill the boy for making Harry upset. And on his birthday. Harry calming him down and telling him it just wasn't worth it.

Because either way they were all part of the same damn team. The A team, as Miles put it.

Just like the past two days, Harry and Niall walk into the school building and everyone goes quiet. Harry keeps his head down and Niall wraps an arm around him and walks with him to his locker, for they conviniently had the same classes.

But the whispers got worse and worse every single time they heard them.

"Apparently Tommo was only using him to get to the blonde one..."

"It's confirmed, he's just a damn cockblock..."

"He should have just fucked both of them at the same time..."

What was wrong with these people?

After getting their books for the first two sessions they made their way to the gymnasium for the Friday presentations.

Usually, Friday's was talent day. If you wanted to present something, you would go to the office and sign up. But only the first ten got to perform because of time. Harry always wanted to go up but he would be the first freshie to do so amounting into more publicity.

No thank you.

After eight performances, the principal comes back to call the ninth.

"Boys and girls, another round of applause for Ed. Next, also from the juniors, Louis Tomlinson and Liam Payne."

Applause and cheers filled the room as Harry's head snapped up. He hadn't seen Louis since homeroom on Wednesday. His hair was messily styled into a fringe swept across his forehead. He seemed to have dark circles under his eyes but Harry didn't get to investigate more as Louis' voice filled the gymnasium.

"Thank you. Liam and I would like to perform a song that we wrote with some help from our friends, the coolest freshmen you'll ever meet."

Harry and Niall share a look before lookimg down to see Liam sitting on a chair after adjusting his classic guitar, perching it up on his knee, and he starts to strum as Louis starts to sing.

"I wanna write you song,
One that's as beautiful as you are sweet,
With just a hint of pain for the feeling that I get when you are gone,
I wanna write you a song.

I wanna lend you my coat,
One that's as soft as your cheek,
So when the world is cold you will have a hiding place you can go,
I wanna lend you my coat.

Everything I need I get from you,
Giving back is all I wanna do.

I wanna build you a boat,
One as strong as you are free,
So anytime you think that your heart is gonna sink you know it won't,
I wanna build you a boat.

Everything I need I get from you,
Giving back is all I wanna do.

(Guitar solo)

Everything I need I get from you,
Giving back is all I wanna do.

I wanna write you a song,
One to make your heart remember me,
So anytime I'm gone you can listen to my voice and sing along,
I wanna write you a song,
I wanna write you a song."