HUIT

All it takes is one mistake for everything to go absolutely wrong. And as a spy, you never ever want to make that mistake.

Two months.

That's all it took for Louis to go mad. That's all it took for Christian to be past the point of merely being depressed. But it was also what it took for the sun to shine again after being behind the dark grey clouds for so long.

That day after the mission, the hospital called. Christian and Louis drove to the hospital in record time and found Jonathan and Jay already there. They were informed that Harry had gone into shock while still in his coma and they feared he could wake up with amnesia.

And Christian broke.

He went home and cried in his room. And he cried in Jonathan's big brotherly arms until he fell asleep. Even the big bad wolf has a breaking point.

Louis got lost in his own sanity. He went home and stared at his white bedroon walls for hours. Jay would occasionally come in and offer him food and water and he would just nod. But when she came back hours later it was all untouched.

What Louis needed was to cry. He needed a good cry to snap him back into reality but no one could get that out of him.

He formed a routine. Go to school, sit with Liam and occasionally Niall at lunch (over time since they spent so much time together at the hospital, they became friends), and after school go straight to the hospital. The nurses all knew him and didn't even bother to stop him as he walked down the halls to Harry's room.

Yes he had been moved to a private room. The doctors recommended it saying his lungs were healing well and he didn't need to stay in a cold ICU unit when he could stay in a private room and maybe wake up faster.

Christian would stay with Harry during the day, staring at his pale features and running his fingers up and down his arms and combing his curls out of his face, praying that his son would just come back.

Louis, Liam and on occasion Niall would take the night time, even though Jay discouraged it. Louis would sit criss-crossed on the edge of the bed staring at Harry's limp being for about an hour before the boys played some sort of board game to distract themselves for a while, only to have Niall's mum come and pick him up.

Liam was a good friend. He would stay with Louis the whole night then take him home to get changed and then do the same at his house and they would go to school.

Louis was semi-popular. He was known for being a player and a mysterious person all together. So no one bothered to ask why Louis had a lost look in his eyes and why his lips were always set in a frown. And knowing Harry probably would have asked him out of concern made him frown even more.

So today, here Louis was, walking into the hospital like usual. He greeted some of the nurses who actually had the decency to check on him during their shifts at night, getting him at least something to eat and drink. He needed to be there when Harry woke up, so him pulling an all nighter (#NeverEnough had to haha...) with an empty stomach was not going to do him any good.

He reaches the all-too-familiar room and pushes it forward, walking in and setting his bag on the wall next to the door. Christian was seated with an Ipad firmly in his hands, concentrating very hard on something.

Louis runs a hand through his messy fringe and walks over, taking a seat on the couch next to Christian, making him look up.

"Oh Louis! I didn't hear you come in."
"I could tell. Whatcha got there sir?"
"Nothing... important..."

He replies, his concentration back on the Ipad. Louis rolls his eyes with a soft smile. He swears Harry gets his concentration span from Christian.