QUINZE

Fear is nothing but a feeling. A feeling that swallows you whole and keeps you there until you decide you've had enough of the darkness and long for the light.

Fear takes you to places you never thought even existed, let alone thought of seeing. It's what keeps us from doing anything beneficial with ourselves. But once it is conquered, one feels achieved, more achieved than running a damn marathon!

Well, I think someone needed to tell Harry that.

Hour 1

Harry sits in the corner, rocking back and forth, tears rolling down his chubby and red cheeks muttering to himself.

"Louis. Loubear. Loulou."

To be honest no one could blame him. Louis was the youngest of the cadets in the team that set out that night. And was their first priority. And so they gave him space.

Hour 2

Harry sits with his knees pressed to his chest tightly as Christian helps him calm down with his spacer covering his mouth and nose, the wheezing still very prominent.

"Slowly buddy. Until the pain goes."

Harry nods slowly and takes the second puff of the inhaler. But the pain was no longer in his chest, it was in his heart. Christian carries him up to his office as the other cadets did their best to track the agents down.

Hour 3

Christian sits with Harry cuddled up in his arms. Harry sits there warm and full of love, but his mind was farther past the radius of Europe.

He was staring at one of the walls, looking at the black dots that danced and mocked him. Then the black dots form Louis' face and Harry smiles. A very tiny but visible smile.

Christian looks down at him and smiles. He knew he was thinking about Louis. Jay was taken to her office by a friend and she had fallen asleep. But that was two hours ago.

And here Harry was, staring into a wall, seeing things that would make him go insane if something was not done soon. But Christian was content that Harry was not having an attack.

Hour 4

Christian spoke too soon.

Harry sits there, mindlessly fiddling with Christian's fingers just like when he was younger and thinking really hard about something. Then he freezes.

And then he screams.

Christian didn't even know how it happened. He pulls Harry to his chest.

"Come back to me buddy. Just calm down."

Harry had seen Louis and imagined him screaming for help. Next thing he knew he was having his second asthma attack of the night. He tries to calm down. Believe me, he did.

But that scream was stuck in his head. He failed him. He failed Louis. His death was on his head.

"I'd rather have you guide me through this mission than anyone else really..."

The words Louis wrote, stuck in his heart. What was he going to do with himself.

Hour 5

Harry fell asleep minutes after calming down, which Christian was more than grateful for.

Miles comes in and drapes a warm blanket over Harry who was still cuddled into Christian's chest, clinging onto his shirt, afraid to lose another person if he let go. Christian gives Miles a grateful smile and he nods in return.