NEUF

What exactly causes chaos?

Well don't look at me cause I don't know. Neither do you. But you feel it. You experience it. You go through it more than you should. But we never know what causes it.

Here Christian was, breaking every available rule in the book to get to Doncaster, driving like he just escaped from prison.

His phone rang and he answered it through the car, pressing the answer button from the wheel.

"Why is Jay hacking into the systems to get you off the radar?"
"What?"
"Christian, what's going..."
"He's awake Jonathan."

There was a silence on both ends as Christian manouvers through the narrow streets, only less than half an hour away from the hospital.

"H-how do you know?"
"Louis called me about two hours ago."
"Oh God. How far are you? Any news?"
"I'm about fifteen away and no. Louis hasn't called me back."
"Keep me posted."

And the line went dead.

Christian swerves into the parking lot in record time. He jumps out of the car and runs into the hospital and goes in the familiar direction of his son's room. He slows to a walk as he is met with a confused Liam and Niall and a sobbing Louis, who was curling in on himself.

Christian walks over and wraps Louis in a hug.

"Th-that sc-scream..."

Louis shudders at the memory. Liam and Niall walk over looking intently at Louis who was holding on to Christian as if his life depended on it.

"What happened?"
"Louis was talking to Harry and then he felt his hand tighten around his. So he had me talk about topics from school and his hand flexed and all. Then tears were rolling down his cheeks and his monitor sped up. Then he let out this heart breaking scream as his body jerked up and its been over two hours."

Niall explains as Liam keeps his arm around Niall's shoulders.

"Do you know what's happening?"
"They're saying that he's trapped in his own memories. They're trying to wake him up without causing any sort of brain damage."

Liam explains and Christian lets out a breathe. He motions to the two boys to follow him and he leads them to the cafeteria. He orders their 'usuals'.

That's how long they have been here.

Louis was still laying his head on Christian as Christian's arm was draped around him protectively.

As they sipped on their coffees, each prayed that nothing would go wrong.

About ten minutes later, a doctor walks up to them and asks them to follow him. Louis grips hard onto Christian's white shirt.

They walk into that room, not expecting to see what they saw.

Harry was seated on the bed, wires connected to his arms and his arms loosely in his lap. When he heard the door open, he looked up but...

"Oh my God, Harry!"

Niall says, running to him, engulfing him in a hug. But Harry didn't hug back. He only stared at Louis who was crying waterfalls because no!

Niall let go and Liam pulls him back, back into his arms because Niall was confused. What was happening?

The doctor finally decided to speak up.

"Harry seems to have gone into a state of shock. He won't talk and we are not sure if he has amnesia. We have checked his vitals but nothing seems to be the problem."
"W-what c-can we do?"