How you comfort them after a nightmare

Dedicated to, and requested by my new friend @supermiss98

Preference 21

Steve: He often dreams of war. Explosions, losing friends. Plunging into the ice. His best friend falling off of the train. He doesn't cry out or thrash about, but he curls into a ball. Loses his breath, and sobs profusely. Most of the time you catch it quickly and can shake him awake. When he wakes up, he clutches on to you and just shakes. It's the the only time he ever allows himself to cry.

Bruce: He does everything he can to avoid nightmares. They tend to activate the green gene... But when they do come, it's all you can do to get him off of the bed so he won't break it. You try to talk him into calming down. He always does, it never gets bad enough to where you have to call for help.

Tony: Tony, bless his heart, has sever PTSD. And gets nightmares all the time. And when that happens, he won't talk about it. So you just turn in his arms and shake him awake. He is comforted by your presence. And only needs to hold you in his arms to be okay.

Clint: Nightmares are a pretty rare occurrence, but when he does get them. You sit on the window sill with him, and let him talk it out. It usually ends with some lovey dovey kissing and reminders of how much he loves you.

Thor: As most people notice about Thor, he is a very large man. And he is a big cuddler. So when he has a nightmare, you know it because his arms constrict. You always wake up before it gets too terribly tight. You wake him up by jostling yourself, and calling his name. He always apologizes profusely, but you tell him to think nothing of it. He forgets about his nightmare and focuses on taking care of you.

Loki: Unfortunately when Loki has a nightmare, he jumps out of bed and backs away from you. He refuses to be comforted by you for fear of hurting you. But you climb out of the bad, and approach him slowly and calmly. Whispering words for love and comfort, and eventually when you reach him you take him in your arms and let him drop to the floor to sob and hold you.

Bucky: Deep in your heart you can't help but cry over just how much your beloved Bucky has gone through in his life. And every moment haunts him in his sleep. He thrashes violently, which you will never admit to him, terrifies you. But you will never give up on him. So when it starts, you climb on top of him and straddle his hips placing all of your weight on his thighs to keep his legs pinned down. With your arms you do your best to hold them down until you can get him to wake up. When he does, he finds solace in your skin. Pressing his lips to your soft skin and running fingers along your backs. Tears stream down his face as he begs your forgiveness.

Natasha: As far as you know, Natasha doesn't get nightmares. But that's not true. She gets them all the time, but would die before letting you know that. Instead she wakes in a cold sweat. If she's at home with you, then she is reassured by your sleeping form beside her. But if she is away and can't see you, then she has to go to Clint. And Clint has to talk her through the motions. "(Y/n) is safe. Tucked away at home, asleep in the apartment. You don't have to worry about her. She's safe,"

Pietro: When Pietro had a nightmare, he woke up in a cold sweat. And although it made him feel bad, he would wake you up. To ask if you still loved him. And you always replies, "Pietro Maximoff, don't you ever doubt the fact that I love you,"