One Shot: It's Not A Broken Heart - Tony

One Shot 18

Today was one of those days where you and Tony wanted to go out and spend some time together. Meaning looking good enough to have your picture taken at any moment, in a good enough mood to deal with the press and passing fans.

You both will admit, going out is not as fun because of being followed by the press, but you make the best of it. Tony says the only reason he behaves for the cameras, is for you.
Today you decided it would be nice to go out, have lunch, do some shopping, just get outside and breathe in the fresh air. Tony only said yes because he knew it would make you happy.

The day started out nice, drove out to the shopping district, spent some time buying clothes and looking at some new things for the apartment. Tony took you out to lunch, that's when you really began noticing the paparazzi, so you tried extra hard to look unsuspecting but attractive.

Tony however was not focused on the press. Something was bothering him.

You reached across the table and took his hand.
"Hey," you said gently "you okay?"

He looked up quickly, and met your gaze. Flashing you a comforting smile.
"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

You tilted your head and gave him a smile. But as the meal continued he seemed more and more distracted.

You gave his hand a squeeze, "Honey. What's going on?" You insisted.
He leaned in to you.

"We're being followed," he murmured. You smiled as if he had whispered words of love to you.

"Where?" You asked underneath a kiss to his cheek.

"They're everywhere. We need to go," he urged. You pulled away from him, and kissed his lips.

"I'll have J send us a car, pay the bill," you whispered onto his lips.

Before you pulled away he leaned back in to steal one more kiss.
You have a small laugh, so on lookers would have no suspicions.

Tony flagged down a waiter, while you sent a quick text to JARVIS.

When the waiter approached you had an unsettled feeling. He was one of them for sure, and not part of the paparazzi.

Fear bubbled up from your belly, but you smiled kindly hoping to God you were wrong.

The waiter pulled a hand gun from his back pocket, Tony took the opportunity to jump up and place himself in front of you.

You sent an SOS text to JARVIS, and stood up behind Tony.

The restaurant was silent. Then slowly more than half of the occupants of the building stood up and pointed their weapons at you.

"What do you want?" Tony asked in a nonchalant manner.

"To cripple the Avengers," said the waiter. Panic and fear crept in, you honestly didn't see a way out of this.

Tony didn't have one the  suits on hand, neither of you were carrying concealed weapons. They weren't interested in ransom.... Or taking prisoners for that matter.

Tony spoke up "Then go ahead, take me out. But let my date go, she didn't ask for any of this,"

Dread filled your heart, he was pretending you were just a random hook up so he could save you. From apparent death.

The whole building erupted with laughter, the waiter spoke for the group. "Your date? I think you mean Ms. (L/n) here, your personal assistant, liaison to the Avengers, and your fiancé."

You couldn't help the silent tears streaking down your face.

Suddenly the window behind you shattered into a million pieces. You ducked to avoid getting hit by the spray of broken glass.

You looked up, in front of you one of the suits was molding itself onto Tony. The SOS had worked. Tony turned fast on his heel and snatched you into his arms before blasting off, out the window. You held your breath as he ascended into the sky.

You relaxed only little, but your fear came flooding back ten fold when the men who attacked you fired a short range missile at you and Tony.

The feeling of air whipping by you as you plummeted towards the ground. There was fear mixed in. Fear for your life of course. But also sadness, you were sad that you weren't going to get married to Tony in a few months.

You collided not with the ground, but with the water in the pond in the near by park. This was almost worse, any chance you had of surviving the fall was choked out, by lungfuls of water. The world around you became cold and dark.

AN:
VIDEO SEQUENCE
Camera turns to author
*waves at camera*
Hi friends!
If you are crying your eyes out. Or you just want to know what the future holds for this story...
Then be patient my darlings! Because part two is on the way.
There may be more than two parts, because I've really gotten into this story.
And remember you have your fellow audience member @hibabkibab to thank for this! She is a wonderful little rainbow, so please say thank you to her if you get a chance!!

And remember if you have a bright idea that you'd like to be put into words, put it in the comments or DM me! I promise I don't bite

*Clint pokes his head into view* "unless you get in between her and her food.

*Author turns around* Hey! This is my video! Go work on the next chapter! You're the main character!

Clint: Spoiler Alert!

Author: SHIT!

Clint: *chuckles* *leaves*

Author: Well Shit. I already told you guys that we're gonna have a part two for this, but now you know who the love interest is for the one shot after this mini series.

Well I guess that's it for tonight guys.

*waves at camera*

Bye!