One Shot: Everybody Has Bad Days - Steve

One Shot 17

Steve lounged on the couch in comfortable clothes, you weren't home yet, but he wasn't worried just yet. He new sometimes you had to stay late at the university.

He was right not to worry though, because about a half hour later he could hear your jangling keys at the door. But he got a little worried when he heard you drop the keys not once but twice, and a muffled "son of a bitch". Finally you got the door open.

Without a word, you dropped you keys, purse, and jacket. Shedding your shoes, sweater, and jeans you stormed through the little apartment and into the bedroom.

Steve stood up, shut off the TV and followed you into the bedroom, picking up your discarded clothes and possessions. Steve went about the room quietly putting away all your things. Letting you lay, sprawled out on the bed in just your undershirt, panties, and socks.

When he finished putting away all your things, he climbed up onto the bed. Draping himself gently over you and lacing your fingers with his.

He pressed a kiss to the space in between your shoulder blades. He didn't say anything for a very long time.

But eventually he did say, "if you're hungry I made pasta."

"That was nice of you, you didn't have to do that honey,"

"Sure I did, I knew you'd be hungry when you got home." He replied.

"I am hungry, but I don't want to move," you complained.

"Then don't, just stay here with me. Stay warm and safe. With me," he smuggled his head into your shoulder.

"Hmm that does sound appealing. But you also made me food. And food is very important,"

He laughed lightly, "you're absolutely right baby, come on," he rolled away from you so you could get up.

You went to the kitchen, saw that Steve had made a really yummy smelling chicken, broccoli Mac N Cheese.

Steve came up behind you, his big arms slid around your waist. "Eat on the couch and cuddle with me, I'll let you pick the show?"

You grinned, turned to face him so you could place a big kiss on his lips.

"Deal,"