One Shot: Restless - Bucky

NOT CIVIL WAR RELATED!
But I am ready to start taking Civil War requests! By direct message only. Do not leave requests in the comments you could spoil the movie for people, and there's a chance I won't see it!

One Shot 26

He went to bed early the night before, looking a little more worn out  than usual. You accepted his kiss, and continued watching TV while he got some much needed rest.

You followed him after about an hour. He was fast asleep, so you quietly got into bed and snuggled up close to him.

You fell asleep quickly, and dreamt of pleasant things. But this pleasantly was short lived. At some point in the night Bucky had rolled over, and wrapped his prosthetic arm around you. Around 3 AM this beautiful scene took a darker turn.

Bucky's body grew  tense, and his arm began to constrict around you. At first you did not notice. But as his grip grew tighter, you were roused from sleep because you couldn't breathe.

With what little brain power you could muster you pounded your fists against his chest and called his name.

All of the sudden his grip released, and he forcefully threw you off of the bed. Luckily he didn't have enough coordination to throw you agains any of the furniture in the room. Although you did hit the wall pretty hard. Hard enough to get the wind knocked out of you.

"Bucky," you choked out "Bucky wake up its me,"

His eyes were dark, and clouded. He breathed heavily, maintaining eye contact.

You stood up tall, and squared your shoulders.
"Stand down, Bucky"

He looked afraid for a moment, then his eyes cleared. He fell to his knees, and raised his hand out towards you

"Baby please, I-"

You approached him slowly, and sank down in front of him. You laced your fingers with his as he began to cry.

"It's not your fault honey, it's not you," you reminded him.

Without warning he jumped up and backed away from you.

"It is my fault, (y/n)!" He shouted. You stood too, and took a step back.

"No," you whispered "you can't blame yourself honey,"

"But all those people (y/n)! They are dead because of me!" He sobbed.

"But you didn't choose that. You are a good man. Those people-"

"THEY'RE MY HANDS (Y/N)! IT WAS MY FACE! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY I DID IT BUT I DID!" He screamed, collapsing back onto the bed.

You knelt beside him, stroking his dark hair. He cried into your pillow. Slowly you climbed into bed next to him, and kissed his cheek.

He cuddled up to you, holding you in the way a child might cling to his mother.

"Bucky, if I thought any of this was your fault I wouldn't stay here," you whispered. "You're a survivor. You and me, we're gonna take on the world together. And we're gonna win," you said.

He gave you a little squeeze.

"Tomorrow you can call Steve and talk it out some more, but for now," you kissed his head "stay with me. Stay here and keep me warm,"

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," you whispered.