One Shot: Functionally Dysfunctional PART THREE

AN: PART 3 is a little bit shorter, but it's super cute and probably relatable.

One Shot 37

The alarm went off at 6:30 am, time to get up and start the day! And you promptly threw your hand over to the night stand and slapped around until your had found the wretched thing and smashed the buttons until it stopped beeping.

Content with the silence, you happily rolled over and snuggled into your boyfriends warm chest. Sleep took you back in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately for you, that alarm was set for a reason.

45 minutes later, you groggily opened your eyes and focused them on the bright red numbers of your digital clock.

You shut your eyes once more, before bolting up right in bed.

"Holy shit we're late," you said disengaging from Bucky's arms. "Get up! Get up! We're late late late," you said shaking him.

You got out of bed, and burst into your 4 year olds room.

You opened the curtains, and shook Lily gently. "Come on Pumpkin, time to get up. Mummy overslept again,"
She opened her bright little eyes, and said "Good Morning Mommy,"

In the other room, Bucky rolled out of bed and trudged into the kitchen to make coffee.

While you picked out Lily's clothes, Bucky hopped in the shower, and Lily put all of her things into her backpack to go to work with you.

While she got dressed, you made her breakfast, and Bucky bushes his teeth and shaved.

You frantically ran past Bucky to quickly get dressed, while Lily ate her breakfast, and Bucky got dressed for the day. He's a stay at home parent for the most part; when he's not on "business trips" for SHIELD.

Bucky eats his breakfast with Lily, while you get all of your stuff together.

"Bucky where are my keys?" You call out, dashing back and forth to find them.

He laughs to himself, scoops up Lily and your keys, and meets you in the living room. Passes you both, and gives you a kiss.

"Have a good day at work sweetheart,"

He kisses Lily's head

"Be a good girl Pumpkin," he reminds her. She giggles innocently, wrapping her little arms around your neck.

You check the time on your wrist watch, "Okay, if we leave right now and only break the speed limit a little bit, we will make it on time," you say as you're going out the door.

Bucky waves goodbye to Lily who is making faces at him over your shoulder. And when the door is shut and locked, he can't help the smile that spreads across his face.

His functionally dysfunctional little family.