One Shot: Pancakes- Bucky

One Shot 22

The sunlight snuck into the the darkened bedroom through the crack in the blinds they never could seem to get all the way closed.

The light fell over your face, quietly rousing you from sleep. The bed felt a little cooler than normal, a certain boyfriend was not laying beside you.

You rolled over to his side of the bed, and peered over the side just to make sure he didn't fall off. Of course, he hadn't but he was still mysteriously missing.

As you woke up a little more, you became aware of a sound coming from somewhere else in the apartment. A faint melody being hummed and the sound of something sizzling.

Slowly you climbed out of the bed and followed your nose to where scent of something yummy was cooking.

Bucky stood over the stove, humming some old jazzy tune. The table already had a couple couple of covered plates set.

"Hey sailor," you said leaning up against the wall.

He grinned and turned to look at you. "I was army, not navy doll,"

You smiled cheekily and crept up behind him to wrap your arms around his hips, "oh, my mistake. Soldier," you stood up on tip toe to kiss his cheek.

He flipped the last pancake off the griddle and onto a plate already stacked high. He shut off the stove and said, "breakfast is served my dear,"

"Awe this is sweet honey, I really appreciate this. Thank you," you said sitting down.

He uncovered the plates, a satisfying whoosh of steam wafted from the platters. One with scrambled eggs, one with toast, and one with bacon. Bucky sat down the platter of pancakes.

"Dig in babe, don't be shy," he encouraged , scooping a large pile of eggs onto his own plate.

A breakfast of champions!