2. The Enemy's Help.

KAVEH

I walked into enemy territory knowing I had no choice. Technically, I was trespassing and this could get me killed but like I said, I had no choice. My baby sister could be dying. I had requested an audience with the Alpha of this pack but he hadn't even had the decency to grace me with a reply. Although for most part we didn't bother each other, I didn't trust him. He was dangerous and I saw him as the enemy. His insult had my wolf bristling but my mate Jenna was right. I needed to swallow my pride and do what needed to be done.

I came alone and in human form in order to show I was no threat but if anyone tried to stop me today, I wouldn't hesitate to rip their hearts out. I was an Alpha after all and I could not be easily taken down by a lesser wolf. My strength could be matched only by another Alpha.

Almost as soon as I entered the enemy territory, I was surrounded.  The wolves of the Dark Moon pack growled and snarled at me and I just stood there resisting the urge to roll my eyes. One of the wolves, slightly bigger than the rest disappeared behind a tree and reappeared in human form clad in cargo shorts. I had recognized him by his copper fur as Chad the Beta.

"I need to speak with your Alpha," I said.

"In case you didn't notice Kaveh," He spat and I narrowed my eyes at his disrespect, "he's not interested. Take a hint."

Before he could see it coming, I moved so that I was standing right in front of him, inches from his face. "Listen carefully pup," I said, my voice laced with warning, "I came alone and asked to speak to him with respect. I would rather not hurt you, but disrespect me again and your Alpha will find himself on a treasure hunt for the pieces of your body."

There was no change in his expression which I gave him credit for but the change in the pace of his heart told me that my words had the desired effect. I stepped back casually, giving him room to breathe.His eyes glazed over and I knew he was talking to his Alpha through their mind link.

"Follow me," Chad instructed, turning his back to me. I followed him, still surrounded by the rest of the wolves that had come to greet me just in case I tried anything.

The Dark Moon pack was one of the most powerful packs going. My pack,the Ash Lunar pack, was pretty powerful but not like this. It set my teeth on edge but this pack's Alpha was far more powerful than me. He had a sadistic streak and plundered other packs without a second thought. I didn't want to ask him for his help but he might be my last chance. Our enmity seemed petty compared to what I stood to lose without his help.

We passed the pack house which was much larger than ours and that was really saying something. The area around the pack house had other houses in case the members wanted to live separately. The layout was much like ours with the gym and the outdoors training area. Their territory was larger than ours and alot of it would be land mostly used for hunting. I had to admit I was surprised by the normalcy of the place. I half expected to see corpses hanging from the trees.

   I was then led a bit of a distance from the rest of the pack where there stood a beautiful house. It didn't look too large. In fact it looked smaller than mine but it had two stories. I expected to see a house far too large for just one person to stay in, considering the Alpha seemed like the type. Chad walked through the door and I followed. We passed the living room which I grudgingly admired. The get up was classy. There was a fireplace and a beautiful sofa  and arm chairs. A peg table lay in between each arm chair and on both sides of the sofa with a long ,sleek wooden glass top table lying in the center. Chad took me to a short corridor that led to a door and had two more doors on either side. He knocked on the door to the right and waited a beat before entering.

Holding my head up high I walked in to see a man standing with his back to me, gazing through a window. Between us stood a large mahogany desk, a comfortable looking office chair on one side and one less comfortable but decent looking chair on the other. There was a fireplace that looked to be unused to the right and a glass pane cupboard on the left lined with files.

He stood with his hands in his pockets and his raven black hair set neatly. He was taller and broader than me which was saying something . The thought annoyed me and intensified my dislike for him. Alpha Aleksy.

"Alpha Kaveh," he said in a voice filled with authority, "pray, to what do I owe this intrusion?"  He turned around assessing me with his cold grey eyes.

"My sister," I replied, my voice as authoritative as his. He cocked an eyebrow, waiting.

"She has been abducted, and I need your help to find her." I stated and as I expected he remained silent, keeping his eyes on me.

"I've been searching for her day and night for the past two months. I'd gone through every possible enemy I have that might have thought to use her to get something from me but I haven't found her. Then I realized it wasn't a recent enemy. I had to dig deep but only one name came up. Sloan. He has to be the one to have taken her."

Realizing that I had begun pacing, I stopped and looked at him. No change in expression.

"I don't understand why you have come crying to me." He said in a bored voice making my anger flare.

"I need your help to find her. I don't know what he'll do to her and there are places in this forest that are known only to your pack." 

"This has nothing to do with me.You were unable to protect your family and your weakness was taken advantage of. Why must I get involved in a fight that isn't mine because of your incapabilities?" he asked no longer even looking at me. He seemed to be concentrating on some document on his desk. Growling, I slammed my fists on his desk and he looked up at me and his eyes flashed with annoyance.

"She is a child. 18 years old and innocent. She has her whole life ahead of her and does not deserve any of this."I threw a picture of her on the desk and he barely glanced at it. "He is a sick bastard and I don't know what he'll do to her. " My voice lowered as I looked down at the picture.I carried it with me wherever I went. "She's courageous but how brave can she be when she's been in his hands for so long? " 

There was still no change in his expression when he said, "She could be dead."

His words made me see red. I refused to believe that my baby sister was dead. "She's alive." I  said with conviction. My eyes found the picture once again. I had taken it a few months before she had disappeared. She was running ahead and had turned when Jenna called her name. Her smile was wide and there was excitement in her big blue eyes, her brown hair flying wildly around her face. It was that moment I had captured and my heart twisted at the memory.

I looked up to meet his eyes again but found no decision in them. "I'll be forever in your debt." I said. "This is my baby sister....please." I was willing to to get down on my knees and beg. 

"Alright." He said and my eyes shot open and I stared at him.

"But you will be in my debt." He said coolly. I wasn't surprised that this was what got him.

"Thank you." I said.

"My Beta will show you out." He said turning around again. This meeting was over.

I ran back to my pack in wolf form. Although I had managed to gain the temporary alliance of the most powerful Alpha which meant I would definitely find Elaheh, the heavy feeling in my heart did not cease.

Where could she be? What was he doing to her? I threw my head back and howled in anguish.

A week later, there was a phone call from Chad.

They had found Elaheh.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------