15. Facade.

Hey guys, my proofreading skills leave something to be desired so if you find mistakes, do point them out. Also, I'm not too happy with this chapter but I do hope you enjoy it anyway. K bye!

-----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

The first thing I noticed when I opened my eyes was that Channing Tatum was not staring back down at me. Cue the alarm bells. I sat up with a start and a wave of dizziness hit me as the blood rushed to my head.

My bed was not pushed up against the wall by the window. My desk was missing and so were my books. My posters were not there.

I felt the satin sheets under my hands and the weight of the unfamiliar comforter. The curtains were dark and most of the furniture here was dark and beautiful but it wasn't my room.

It suddenly felt like the walls were closing in on me. My hands began to shake. Where was I? I squeezed my eyes shut trying to get my breathing under control but it wasn't working. I pushed the comforter off me, stumbling out of bed. I had to get out of here. I had to go home.

Just as I was about to reach for the door, it flew open and I fell backwards. A beautiful woman with large eyes and auburn hair stared back at me. I let my fangs out, baring them at her.

"Elaheh?" She called softly approaching me carefully. I snarled at her and she stopped. When I was sure she wasn't going to approach me, I got onto my hands and knees. It was difficult to get air in my lungs. The panic was squeezing my chest.

I heard another pair of footsteps approaching rapidly. The scent was tantalising but I kept my eyes on the beautiful woman with auburn hair as I struggled to breathe. She watched me with wary eyes. A large figure appeared behind her and she quickly moved.

The panic I was feeling slowly began to recede as I recognised him. His cold grey eyes, the darkness of his hair, the sharpness of his jaw and the familiar tick it supported. He walked to me and crouched to my height. Well, not my height really as I still strained to look up at him.

His warmth engulfed me but I resisted the urge to reach for him. I was still struggling to breathe. What a sight I must have been to him. Small, shaking, eyes wide with fear, gasping for breath.

He put his large hands on my face and stared intensely into my eyes and I looked away.

"Look at me Elaheh." He commanded.

Hesitantly, I drew my eyes back up to his, letting myself drown in his grey orbs.

"Slow, deep breaths," he said.

I lifted my shaking hand and placed it on his chest and I felt him still. I didn't care, I forced my breathing to match the rise and fall of his chest under my fingers. When he realised what I was doing, his breathing slowed. It got deeper and I matched it, slowly feeling myself calm down.

"It's okay, you're safe." He said and I believed him. He was dangerous and merciless but I did feel safe when he was by my side. I knew when he was merciless, it would be to anyone who tried to harm me. It was his basic instinct to protect me.

He lifted me in his arms and sat me down on the bed never taking his eyes off me. It was like he knew that his eyes were my lifeline at the moment.

The woman with the auburn hair came into my vision but I didn't look away from my mate.

"I brought water." She said. Her voice was soothing and kind. She spoke as though I was an injured puppy and although I didn't want her to speak to me like that, as though I was fragile, I needed her too. I ripped my eyes away from Aleksy's to take it from her. Slowly I sipped it and I heard her footsteps retreat, followed by the soft closing of the door.