25. Monster.

Hey guys!! I know it took forever but my updates are going to be a little slow for a short while. Exams and all that. I have my Psychology practical exam tomorrow. Whoopie!! I know nothing. Fuck that, I'll be a stripper or something. So please bear with me for a while. I will try my best to update though.

I feel like I haven't done this chapter a whole lot of justice. It turned out to be so much more different than I had planned. But still, I hope you like it. Do comment and let me know.

The song is simply because I can't seem to get it out of my head. I guess in a way it works for the situation right? Enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

ALEKSY

"How could you have been ambushed??" I snarled at Raziel, one of my best warriors. Granted he was one of the oldest of the lot, his once raven black hair was greying at the sides but he was also the one with the most experience and his reflexes were still fast as lightening.

I had him against the wall by his collar, my eyes boring into his panicked brown ones. He may have been my best warrior but he was no match for me and he knew it.

It had been a grueling week. I had lost three of my warriors. I hated losing men. Especially when it could have definitely been avoided. But this man had gotten three of my men killed.

"Alpha I'm sorry, it was an honest mistake." He pleaded.

I growled. "Your mistake got my men killed. You underestimated our enemies when I've warned you about it before. I ought to rip your-"

"And then I saw her face!!
Now I'm a believer,
Not a trace-"

I whipped around furiously, looking for the sound. Raziel fell, spluttering, to the ground. I ignored the sound of him gasping for air and instead looked for the asshole that let his phone ring so loudly in the middle of a meeting.

"Who the fuck does that belong to?" I growled. They all just stared at me nervously, not saying a thing. That was when I realised that that abominable sound was coming from the pocket of my jeans. Confused, I took out my phone to see Elaheh's name flash across the screen. I stared at blankly before cutting the call. She wouldn't be happy.

That was when it clicked. I turned to glare at Chad who was suddenly finding the table top extremely interesting. I would disembowel him later. I mind linked Jake to check on Elaheh. I had stationed him near the house in case Elaheh was in trouble.

I wasn't happy that Jake had to be the one to check up on her and not me but it was necessary. She had begun crawling under my skin without any intent of leaving and I couldn't allow that. I was starting to get to used to having her around, filling the place with her laughter and light heartedness and that damn facade she put up for the world to see.

The meeting went on but I was now distracted by thoughts of the very person I was struggling to flush out of my system. The past month played in my mind. I was aware of what a colossal asshole I was being. One moment I was kissing her and keeping her safe and the other I was completely ignoring her. I saw the confusion in her eyes but she was smart. She quickly grasped what I was doing and attempted to mask the hurt. But I saw it. Just the way I saw her flinch every time there was a loud noise or a man was near her, the way I noticed that she was still struggling to accept herself and what had happened to her...the was I noticed that she was slowly succumbing to the Mate bond. I could see that she had begun to develop feelings for me. Feelings I wanted to protect her from. I could never reciprocate. It further pushed me to keep her at an arm's length. I was doing this more for her than I was for me.