20. Stupid Alpha.

Hey guys!! I'm back. My exams went decently but I'm just glad they're over. I thought I would take a page from a friend's book, literally, and make a few dedications. So I wanted to dedicate this chapter to my friend Akshaya Babu for her never-ending support. The fact that she's constantly on my back about updating helps me stay inspired and I would also like to dedicate this to FairySalvatore for her support of this book. :) . I shall make a few more dedications in the next chapter as there are a few more people I'd like to show my appreciation to.

I noticed I used the words butt and ass a lot in this chapter...just an unnecessary detail there that I thought I would share.

Do comment and tell me how you feel. It makes me feel like those reading this are more involved in the journey this story takes us on. Suggestions are welcome. Also, this is unedited.

I know I'm not usually one for long author's notes coz it can be pretty annoying but hopefully, this is as long as it gets.😅

Enjoy.
-----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

"HE ALMOST MARKED YOU???" Jackie screamed into the phone making me hold it away from my face.

"Jeez woman, I have sensitive ears," I said putting the phone on speaker.

I'd woken up in the morning feeling like one of those flawless women on TV until the previous night's events came crashing down on me.

In my hurry to get out of my bed, my foot got tangled in my sheet and I went crashing to the floor.

Real graceful Wright.

I paced up and down my room chewing on my thumbnail. Shit. How was I supposed to face him without thinking about how close to me he was last night...his scent...his lips...

Focus. Just call Jackie.

"So basically he almost marked you and then practically kicked you out of his study?" Jackie asked.

"Yeah, but he was nice about it. " I said. In all honesty, I was glad he had the presence of mind to stop it before it got too far.

When you spent a good amount of time with your mate, the halves of your soul would begin to become interwoven and the more interwoven it became, the bigger the need to claim your mate would be. Marking your mate, sealed the mating bond. Once you were marked, you belonged wholly to your mate. He would be able to feel what you felt and sense your lies and fears. Usually, it happened when mates slept together for the first time. But sometimes, mates could meet the height of passion just by looking into each other's eyes or making out or something. It just depended on the moment that you wanted nothing more than to be one with your mate.

As far as the legend went, the moon goddess created the first werewolf. Although he revelled in his strength and his speed, he quickly got lonely. There was no one like him. It was basic instinct for both humans and animals to cower away from such a superior being. Taking pity on him, she offered to give him a companion with the condition that she would create it from his soul. Because of this, they were forever bound to each other. However, they both felt the missing parts of their souls which is how the mating ritual came about. Something to reunite two halves of one soul. This was done by sinking one's fangs into one's mate, forever leaving their mark on them. It also showed any unmated wolves that you were already claimed, that you belonged to another. This is why the neck was the ideal spot.

Werewolves lived their lives consciously or unconsciously searching for their mate. It always felt like something was missing inside. Of course, over the years werewolves had come to realise the emptiness was the missing part of our souls and just learned to live with it till we found our mates. If Aleksy had marked me, his half of our soul and my half of our soul would have become one. It would have become whole once more, the way it was before it was split for us.