7. Kaleidoscope Of Guilt And Anger.

KAVEH

I walked in with Jenna's hand in mine, my heart pounding. Chad's words resounded in my head spiking the fear in my heart. Aleksy stood with his back to us, hiding my sister from view.  

"The doctor needs more time to tell us how severe the damage is." He said and I heard the venom in his voice but I didn't understand it and I didn't spend too long pondering over it either. I wanted to see Elaheh.

"I'll leave you to it and you can meet me in my study when you're ready." He said and with that, he left.

My heart stopped when I saw her. There was a painful pounding behind my eyes and my vision got hazy. Jenna let out a loud sob and collapsed into my side. I couldn't even recognise her. My baby sister's beautiful face was no longer what it once was. It was bruised everywhere and it seemed that the blood had recently been cleaned. Her nose looked a little crooked like mine once was after I broke it and had fixed it back. It had healed and looked good as new after a few days but I recognised a broken nose when I saw one. Her bruised cheeks looked sunken in and her closed eyes were black and swollen. I didn't dare pull down the sheets to see the rest of the damage. I just wasn't brave enough.

Jenna sobbed next to me and I felt my own eyes fill with tears...what had they done to her? How could that bastard have hurt her like this? She didn't deserve any of this. She was so innocent and happy. I pulled Jenna tighter against me and wrapped both my arms around her shaking body. We used each other for support. I felt my own body tremble as I was overcome by grief for the girl that lay before us. The girl I'd sworn to protect with my life and failed. Because of me she had been locked away for two months, going through hell and I hadn't done anything to save her. If I had just swallowed my pride and asked Aleksy for help before, I'd have found her sooner.  I could never forgive myself.

"She's already healing."

I spun around to see a pair of tired, powdery blue eyes peering kindly at me. The eyes were framed by the gently lined face of a man with salt and pepper hair dressed in a white coat, grey pants and heavy orthopaedic shoes.

"Her wolf is weak but she's doing the best she can. The silver that she was exposed to is making things more difficult." He said 

His words made my blood run cold. Jenna stiffened beside me.

"Silver?" I asked, not bothering to mask my horror.

He sighed sadly. "The wounds around her wrists indicate that she was in contact with silver. They're severely burnt."

"W-what are you saying?" Jenna asked, her voice shaking.

"The welts around her wrists tell us that she was kept bound by silver. I'll take a look at her now and see what other injuries she has suffered. The poor thing seems to have gone through a lot." He said and my heart constricted with guilt. It was all my fault. 

"How about you'll come back in some time and I'll give you more information?" He asked and I nodded silently, although I was unwilling to leave her again. He told us that his name was Dr. Timothy and I introduced Jenna and myself to him. 

Silently, I pulled Jenna along with me and we left the room.

We walked to Aleksy's house in silence. Jenna cried silently and I reached for her hand rubbing circles on the outside. My heart was broken. He had made Elaheh pay for something that I had done. I had killed his mate and he tortured her in return. How would I ever be able to face her? Anger consumed me. I would find him. I would kill Sloan for laying his filthy paws on my family.

We reached Aleksy's house and I struggled to reign in my anger. My wolf fought to come out and he would...soon. We let ourselves in and I led the way to his study and knocked on the door.