39. I Said It First.

Hey guys!  So this is the last chapter. I feel a little sad but I also feel liberated in a way although I doubt it makes any sense. 

Anyway, there is an A. N at the end of the chapter which is important so please read it.

Thanks.

Now enjoy. I hope you like it. Comment and let me know. XD.

Bye!
---------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

I removed the bandage from my hands while I sat down, sweating heavily and getting my breath back. Once I was done, I hung up another punching bag for the next person.

I rotated my shoulders to try and get rid of the tiredness in them. All the while, I was smiling and greeting everybody, cracking silly jokes and making those training with me laugh at my silly antics.

To say that I was in a good mood was putting it mildly and I think everyone was beginning to fear for my sanity. It hadn't been long but we were slowly getting better. People had started smiling for real and they were beginning to laugh again. Although our loss was big, it was not something that any werewolf pack hadn't dealt with before. Every werewolf knew that we could not live in our losses although we never forgot them. A pack that was bonded could never forget the brothers they lost.

We were healing and now that the Alpha was back, the healing was easier. There was no fear, the pack was less vulnerable. Individually, we still suffered but we were stronger together.

It had been two weeks since  Aleksy woke up. When I opened my eyes that morning, I had been surprised to see myself in his bed and wrapped tightly in his arms. My head was tucked under his chin and his after-rain scent felt like home.

My first reaction had been to panic. Had I crawled into his bed in my sleep? Considering how I was feeling last night I wouldn't have put it past myself. Had I disturbed all the crap he'd been hooked up to? I shut my eyes to try to get my breathing under control.

"I forgot how interesting it is to watch you work yourself into a panic."

I froze. That voice. It was deep and a little gruff. Like always, it slid over my skin like honey.

Immediately my eyes filled but it was when I looked into his eyes which were clearly laughing at me that I burst into tears. It wasn't a silent, graceful cry either. It was loud weeping. The kind of crying a child would do after seeing their parent after a really long time. It was filled with relief and sorrow and pain. I clutched his shirt and buried my face in his chest, my body shook violently as I cried.

His arms tightened around me, crushing me to him. I finally felt warm and safe. I was back in his arms and he held me like he planned on never letting me go.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm so sorry." He cooed as he stroked my hair.

"Don't ever do that again." I sobbed and it was a wonder that he understood me because my words were incoherent to my own ears.

He put a finger under my chin to force me to look at him.

"I don't like to make promises I can't keep. Especially to you." He said seriously. His eyes looked pained.

"Then don't break it," I begged. "You can't do that to me again."

"When I saw that bullet coming towards you-" his voice broke and he shut his eyes. I placed a hand on his cheek and stroked my thumb over his cheekbone.

"I was so scared." The admission shocked me. When did the big bad Alpha ever admit that he was scared?

"I've been scared ever since you took the bullet for me." I said quietly.