27. Broken.

Hey guys,

so I just wanted to say that I won't be updating till the twelfth of next month. Finals and all so I need to get down to it. I don't want to end up living in someone's basement. I made this chapter longer to make up for the next how many ever days. You will find out a little more about the people in this book. I do hope you like it.

Alrighty then, I'm off. Unedited. Have fun. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

I was pretty surprised in the morning when I woke up well rested. It was not something I had been expecting. But as soon as the previous day's events came crashing down around me, it was suddenly hard to breathe again. It was easy to say that I could live with what Aleksy had done but now that I knew I had to act on it, my nerves were going into overdrive. Would Aleksy really hurt me? He never came close before but who knew what the future held? While there was a chance that he could kill me if I so much as annoyed him, there was also a chance that he might not hurt me.

Sure he didn't have control over his wolf but his wolf was just as mated to me as he was right? There had to be some kind of survival instinct. I took out my toilet bag from my suitcase that lay by the door and pulled out my toothbrush. When I walked into the bathroom I found that it was a quaint little thing. There was a towel rack that held a folded towel reminding me that I was in desperate need of a shower. I was pretty sure any werewolf within a mile's radius could smell me. Unfortunately that would include Aleksy.

Once I was finished with my shower and brushing I slipped on a pair of tights and a tank top and shuffled down the stairs. I was a little embarrassed about having dumped myself on these two but I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind last night. I just wanted to get away from Aleksy. I was disgusted by him. I squeezed my eyes shut in shame. How could I have judged him like that? Sure he was convincing but I should have known better.

"Elaheh! You're up!" Alyssa beamed at me as I descended the stairs. I shot her a weak smile.

"Where's the Mate?" I asked and she shrugged telling me that he had gone to Aleksy's to have breakfast. I huffed. Of course. They had breakfast there everyday. How could I have forgotten?

"I'm sorry you feel like you should stay here with me. I can whip something up, you should go there." I said guiltily.

She smiled and walked up to me, cupping my cheeks. She looked me dead in the eyes and said, "You should realize that you're now a part of the family. Sure it's a screwed up family with a bunch of basket cases but we're still a family and we look out for each other." She left me and walked to the counter where she had been beating some eggs.

"So you'll have had a spat, it'll blow over. I've seen the way he looks at you sweetheart. He's not going to be able to stay away for long."

I sighed as I sank into a chair at the table. "I think he thinks he's protecting me and I think he thinks I'll turn around and leave now that I know...which is exactly what I did yesterday. I don't think he wants anything to do with me after that."

She served some ham onto my plate along with two slices of toast and a sunny-side up. My mouth watered at the sight.

"You know what women often forget? We're so busy wanting to be wooed and swept off our feet, we forget that sometimes men deserve to be pampered too. I have never heard a man say, 'she never surprises me with gifts and dates,' why shouldn't we do that for them? Both Chad and Aleksy are trying so hard to protect us but it isn't a man's world anymore. We protect each other."