18. From Heaven.

Hey guys!! This chapter is a little long but I'll be going off the grid till the sixth probably. Exams are here...whoopy. -_- I hope you enjoy it.
Also, this and the previous chapter are unedited but I'm sure you'll figured that out. I hope you enjoy it!! :)

P.S. -To all the Indians, Happy Republic Day!!

----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

To say that I was surprised was a serious understatement. I did not think that Alyssa would be able to pull it off. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection.

The dress came down mid-thigh and hugged what passed for my curves snugly. I actually looked...nice. The beige dress was strapless which honestly left me feeling a little exposed. Once upon a time, it wouldn't have and if this was a party for someone else it might've been okay but tonight all eyes would be on me.

Alyssa had made up my face so that I looked closer to who I used to be than now. My cheeks didn't look so sunken in and my face looked less angular. The Smokey eye thing made the blue sort of take away the "deer caught in headlights" look, which I was super thankful for. They looked almost...alluring.

Because the fact that my shoulders were bare made me feel uncomfortable, she threw a stole over me. It was classy and a few shades lighter than my dress. It went beautifully with my nude heels. I refused to let her apply blush because I had a feeling I'd be doing enough of that tonight and wouldn't need help with it.

Alyssa wore a light blue dress that was tight around the waist and then flowed down to her calves. She wore blue lace-up heels and her hair was done into a complicated braid. Mine was tied into a bun on top of my head with a few curls framing my face.

We stood in front of the mirror examining ourselves and grinning like idiots. Not bad at all. We looked classy and sophisticated not to mention powerful.

"You are going to look so good on Aleksy's arm today." Alyssa sighed looking me over for the hundredth time. We were about to leave the room. The men were waiting for us outside impatiently.

On Aleksy's arm. For some reason the thought made me shiver. I would be the woman on his arm. Why did that make me feel fuzzy inside? We'd be touching constantly. I almost groaned inwardly. I couldn't be in the same room as him without feeling like I was going to spontaneously combust. I would be a blithering mess if I had to be so close to him. Yet for some reason...I was excited. Excited to feel the electricity he sparked every time he touched me.

"Maybe Cassidy will keep her stupid hands off him," Alyssa grumbled touching up my lip gloss and my eyes instantly narrowed.

At my look, Alyssa said, "she's this chick that won't take no for an answer. She thinks she's all that. Honestly, it's pathetic the way she throws herself at Aleksy. He figuratively sidesteps her every time but she never gives up."

We began to walk down. I didn't feel the jealousy I expected to feel but I did feel this possessiveness over something that I wasn't sure was mine. The thought of this Cassidy girl irritated me and the fact that I was pleased that Aleksy thwarted her attempts at getting with him was a little scary. If I felt possessive of him, what did that mean?

Just as we stepped out and the cold air hit me in the face my phone started to ring.

"Lonely!!! I'm Mister Lonely!!
I have nobody!!! For my owwwwnnn!!"

Startled I looked at the caller ID and laughed out loud. Aleksy's name flashed on my screen. Previously that day, Chad put in Aleksy, Alyssa and his numbers into my phone. I hadn't realised that he'd assigned ringtones as well.