21. Who'd a Thunk It?

Hey guys!! Sorry, it took so long! I'm not really sure about how I feel about this chapter but I hope you like it anyway :).

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to AyashiMajumder for her support throughout the book. Your comments keep me pumped to update.

Also to Shivai, I guess the update came faster than I thought it would.:) I hope you like it.

Okay, Imma let you read now. Unedited. Elaheh's dress.

Enjoy!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

At the end of the day, I stumbled into bed barely able to keep my eyes open. I hadn't seen Aleksy for the rest of the day except when he dumped a credit card in my hand. When I looked up at him in question and a little bit of annoyance, he had just shrugged and said Alyssa said I would need it.

Why? Because she was taking me shopping. I groaned as she pulled me to her car. We were going into the city to buy a dress for some feast the next day.

"Feast?" I asked her.

"Yeah, when the Alpha finds his mate, a feast is held in her honour where all the neighbouring packs are invited." She said.

I knew what she was talking about. We had done the same thing for Jenna. The Dark Moon Pack had attended but their Alpha wasn't around. He'd left for some work so he hadn't been able to attend. Not that I would have expected Aleksy to attend even otherwise.

"Why can't I just borrow another one of your dresses?" I asked.

"Because I want to go shopping and this is a good excuse."

When we reached the car, I saw a familiar man standing near it. I remembered him from the party but I couldn't recall his name.

"Elaheh, you remember Evan. Evan, Elaheh. " Alyssa said, reintroducing us. I smiled at him and he nodded back a little stiffly.

"The Alpha isn't about to let you go anywhere alone so he's sending a few of his warriors with us," Alyssa explained and just as she said it, a few more cars pulled up near ours.

I sighed. Did I want it? No of course not but I didn't want to be captured again so until I could protect myself properly, I would keep quiet about it.

She dragged me around for hours. I'd tried on many beautiful dresses that I thought would have been good enough for the damn feast but maybe that was just my dislike and disinterest in finding the perfect dress that was talking because Alyssa was unhappy with most of them.

When eventually, we did find a dress, I had to admit that it really was absolutely gorgeous. She was going to have to alter it a bit but otherwise, it really was perfect.

We'd made it back home in time for dinner, which Aleksy was not present for but I wasn't complaining. Until he apologised I wasn't going to give him any attention. I didn't care who he was, he couldn't just disregard another person's feelings and spout shit.

I shut my eyes and let sleep take over, far too tired to be nervous about tomorrow.
-----------------------------------------------------------

It was four in the evening when I sat in front of the mirror, running a brush through my hair. Alyssa would be coming over in a few minutes with my dress and I would be lying if I said wasn't a little excited about wearing it.

She'd begged Chad not to train me that day but he'd been adamant. But then again, so had I. I needed to train. I saw Aleksy once but he didn't try talking to me. I was kind of hoping he would beg for my forgiveness but I knew it was too much to ask. Aleksy wasn't one to apologise.