23. Mundus Meus.

Hey guys, I know this took way too long. I rewrote it three times before I was ready to put it out. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but I do hope it's met your expectations especially since I know there are readers who have been anxiously waiting for the update so here it is!!

I'd like to dedicate this Chapter to Evelyn0129 who by the way is a classmate of mine. She read the book whilst sitting beside me and the way she giggled and cooed while reading the story both had me in splits as well as warmed the cockles of my heart. Thanks smiles:).

Alright I'll let you get on with it then.

Unedited but enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH.

A pair of large hands held me under water. My arms flayed, trying to grab something to free myself but I couldn't find it. I couldn't save myself. I reached out to hold the arms of the person trying to kill me but I couldn't find them. There were no arms. Just these hands that existed solely to drown me. I could feel myself loosing strength. I couldn't hold on anymore...but I couldn't give up either.

Then I saw them. Silver eyes. Beautiful, stormy silver eyes. Eyes that urged me to save myself. Eyes that gave me strength. My wolf ripped through me, cutting cleanly through the water.

I woke up with a start only to feel like I had fallen asleep under a boulder. Something heavy pressed me down into the mattress. My eyes opened to the bronzed skin of my mate's neck. Half his body lay over me, a hand rested on my shoulder, fingers intertwined with a lock of my hair as though he had fallen asleep playing with it and my head tucked under his chin.

I was enveloped in his scent and his warmth. Memories of the previous night came rushing back to me and involuntarily, I inched closer to the safety of Aleksy's body.

I had taken off my make up and had a quick shower before jumping into bed. Sleep had come quickly but my dreams were less than peaceful. Like I had so many times, I saw Sloan and another face...and another... and another. They were endless, like flipping the pages of a book.

I was woken up by the sound of something falling. I opened my eyes  to darkness. I sat up slowly scanning the room until I saw a hulking figure by the chair. It had dropped my suitcase. With trembling hands I reached for the switch. Just as the light came on, he lunged. I rolled off the bed and landed in a heap on the floor. I tried to make break for it but he caught me. He picked me up and threw me at the chest of drawers. The crash was deafening.

I tried to ignore the pain as I got up and tried to run for the door but again I wasn't fast enough. He pinned me to the floor. The look in his eyes was one I had hoped I would never see again. Crazed lust. This man was pure evil. He was naked and had scars running down almost every inch of his skin. His mouth stretched into a sick grin. I was gripped by  gut wrenching terror. It was going to happen again.

There was a loud, blood curdling scream that resounded in the house and it took me seconds to realise that it had come from me.

I didn't know what he was about to do and I never found out. The door burst open and the rogue was ripped off me.

There he stood, like a warrior angel. His eyes burned silver. It wasn't the dull silver I was used to. This was a throbbing, molten, beautiful silver.

He stood over the rogue, his dark hair a beautiful mess, his features dark with rage and his eyes held terrible wrath. His body shook. He looked like a God about to unleash hell on those he wished to punish.