16. Nutella.

Hey guys, I'm sorry I took so long to update. This chapter isn't too long and also it's unedited so forgive the mistakes please. Thanks :) I hope you enjoy it.
-----------------------------------------------------------

ELAHEH

I woke up three hours later, completely disoriented but at least this time I knew where I was and didn't freak out.

Stretching, I slipped out of bed and padded out of the room barefoot. My stomach grumbled signalling that it was time for me to rummage through the kitchen.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard voices wafting up from downstairs; Aleksy and Chad. They were in a heated discussion in the living room. I took a few more steps down but made sure to stay hidden behind the wall so I could hear more clearly.

"How could you be so fucking careless?" Aleksy snapped.

"Alpha I wasn't thinking, I'm sorry."

I peeked around the wall just as Aleksy slammed Chad against the wall. Chad winced but said nothing.

"She was raped, Chad! How could you touch her so casually? Why didn't you let her go when she asked?"

They were talking about me. About what happened this morning. Guilt ripped through me when I saw how Aleksy was treating Chad.

"She was tired and wouldn't stand! She was about to sleep on the floor." Chad replied.

"I don't give a shit. You should have realised she would be uncomfortable! Haven't you seen how she's been struggling to cope?"

"Alpha-" Chad began but he was cut off by Aleksy's growl. Even from where I was standing, I could see his body shake with rage.

I stepped out from behind the wall in order to try and ease the situation.

"Aleksy, you're back." I said softly. As soon as he heard my voice, his back stiffened and he stepped back from Chad, much to his and my obvious relief. I looked at Chad and the guilt in his eyes only increased mine.

Aleksy ran his eyes over me with a cocked eyebrow. Looking down at myself I felt my cheeks heat up. My feet were bare, my shirt was so long that my shorts were almost invisible and I didn't even want to think about what my hair looked like.

Aleksy's expression turned dark when he looked back at Chad.
"Leave us." He said and Chad sighed softly, trying to mask the hurt. Without a word he left making me want to call after him.

When my mate turned back to me with a questioning look, I said, "I was sleeping. I got hungry so I came to get something to eat." Right on cue, my stomach growled and I felt my cheeks burn again.

"Well, we'd better feed you."

I followed him to the kitchen. I hadn't been in it before. It was neat and classy. If my mom was alive, she'd have spent every breathing moment in this kitchen. The thought made me sad. There was an island in the middle with stools around it.

I looked at Aleksy, the question evident in my eyes and he shrugged.
"When it's just me I don't eat in the dining room."

I nodded and took the seat he gestured for me to take. My eyes followed him as he opened a cupboard and took out a jar of Nutella. Placing it on the table, he proceeded to toast some bread. My mouth was watering already and I dreaded my stomach making more embarrassing noises.

"About today," Aleksy began and I cut him off.

"Honestly, it's alright," I said softly. "Chad didn't know. How could he, he isn't really experienced in dealing with people like...me."