28. Witch Kissed.

Hey guys!!

I'm back! I swear  I've been having withdrawals from not having written for so long. But it's good to be back.

So I don't really know what to feel about this chapter...staying away from a story you're writing takes it's toll on your flow I guess.

So please do comment and tell me what you think. It'll really help me. Also, unedited.

Enjoy!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

ALEKSY

Why did I lose control like that? It was not the first time she had said something that made me want to throttle her. What made this time different?

"This time what she said was true. It hit home." My wolf said.

He was right. Elaheh was right and as much I pushed that fact away and refused to acknowledge it, it didn't make it any less true and she saw it. But there was no pity in her eyes. The disgust from yesterday was gone. Instead, it had looked like she was seeing me for the very first time... really seeing me. Every fear, every ounce of pain, every nightmare was laid bare and I didn't want her to even get a glimpse of it. So I snapped.

I could see her struggle with her wolf. It was instinct to shift and protect oneself but she fought it. I didn't know what the hell she was doing. I hoped she'd shift so maybe she would have a better chance at survival. Now that my wolf was out, I didn't know if I would be able to control him. But he saw her. It was almost surreal the way he saw her.

As soon as she and my wolf locked eyes it was like she was the center of his universe. Suddenly everything that we'd ever fought for melted away. I was already flying at her but the need to hurt her was gone. Suddenly, she was everything.

Her hair whipped at her face as she fell backwards, her eyes shutting tightly. I stood with my paws on either side of her. She opened her blue eyes into my silver ones and the wariness in them faded into wonder. She stared at me like she couldn't take her eyes of me. I waited for any kind of reaction from her. Would she finally see me for the beast I was? Would she finally be scared? Would she finally leave for good? Did I really want her to?

Too many times I'd seen people cower in fear of my strength and my power, automatically assuming I was cruel. So cruel I became. So one could imagine my surprise when she reached up to touch me.

"So beautiful..." she said and I was lost. What did she see? No one had ever looked at me like that. She ran her fingers through my fur tenderly. My wolf leaned into her touch, relishing it. He'd never felt like anything but a monster before. He'd never felt like something to be admired, only feared. Now here was this girl, this tiny girl that he could snap in two in his powerful jaws and she was doing what no one had ever been able to do for him. She was filling him with warmth.

Unfortunately, in our experience, warmth was given only to be taken away. When it was taken from us, we'd be lying in the cold, alone in self- loathing. I snapped back into control and growled at her. She didn't flinch. She only sighed before pulling her hand back. I backed away from her carefully before sprinting deeper into the forest to go where I always went on this day, every year.

Once I'd reached the river, I went to the spot where I buried my best friend. I lay down by it, with my head resting on my paws. I always spent the nights before his death anniversary with him. I would leave later in the afternoon so that Chad could come and pay his respects. We never spoke of it. It was a simple, silent understanding. Where Jaden's death was concerned, we could never stand together. He had forgiven me , and he understood why I did it but it was the single thing that divided us when it should have made us stronger. Jaden would have wanted us to share our pain but it was the one thing we could not give him.