33. One Broken Soul

Hey guys!!
Okay I'm nervous about this chapter. Just go read it and please don't ignore the a.n at the end.
Unedited.

Comment and let me know what you think.

Bye. Enjoy. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

ALEKSY

My father pushed past her and left without looking back.

I was horrified. It was obvious she had heard everything and I simply had to glance at her eyes to see that she believed every word my father had said...and agreed with him.

I took a step forward, "Elaheh," I said reaching for her but she spun around and ran. She bounded up the stairs and just as I was about to grab her, she ducked into her old room and shut the door behind her. I flinched as the bolt slid into place.

I could hear her sniffle and the escape of an occasional sob. What was I going to do? How could I put this right?

"Elaheh.. " I said again, leaning my forehead against the door. "Come on, open up." No response.

"Don't shut me out Elaheh. Not me. Please." I heard another sob and I knew my words were effecting her. She didn't want to shut me out.

"If you don't open this door I'm going to break it down." I growled but I knew she wouldn't listen.

"That's it." I took a step back and kicked the door. It hung off it's hinges. What I saw broke me. She sat in the floor against the bed with her knees huddled up against her, her face in her hands and her beautiful hair spilling over her shoulders. Her body shook as she sobbed into her hands.

I walked towards her, slowly as though I would scare her away if I made any noise. I crouched so that my knees were on either side of her, so that my body caged hers. Gently I reached for her and pried her hands off her face. Her eyes were shut and tears rolled down her cheeks endlessly. I didn't wipe them away.

"Look at me." I said to her. Her eyes stayed shut.

"Elaheh, look at me." Letting go of her hand I tilted her chin up and when her eyes did open, they were filled with shame.

"He's right." She whispered.

"No."

"Yes. I was nothing but I toy to them. Someone to play with. I'm impure....filthy...used." Her voice broke off into a sob.

"That's not true. You are none of those things." I urged but she shook her head.

"I am. Your father is right. I am broken. You can't fix me Aleksy and you shouldn't feel like you have to. You shouldn't feel like you're stuck with me. I'm dirty..."

She was a mess. She was broken. Her face was stained with tears and I realized with a shock...

that I loved her.

All I could think as I looked at this girl was that I loved her. My father was wrong when he said I would never love her because I did. Maybe I had just fallen in love with her, maybe I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. Maybe I gradually fell in love with her. Maybe I loved her even before I knew her. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that I did love her.

But the words wouldn't leave my mouth. "Pussy." My wolf said. I needed her to know but I was hesitant. What if she didn't feel the same way. What if I pushed her away by telling her.

Instead I said, "That's not what I see."

She looked up at me with her big blue eyes that were filled with tears.